Get WAEC Ghana contact details in case you want to inquire about the examination. The West African Examinations Council popularly known as the WAEC, is a non-profit organization, having its headquarters in Accra, Ghana. It was established in the year 1952 after the governments of Ghana, which was called Gold Coast at the time, Nigeria, Sierra Leone and the Gambia enacted the West Africa Examinations Council Ordinances in the year 1951. Liberia became the fifth member of the council in the year 1974. The enactment of the Ordinances was based on the Jeffrey Report, which strongly supported the proposal for setting up the regional examining board that would be mandated to harmonize and standardize the pre-university assessment procedures in British West Africa by then. It was this whole process that led to the development of WAEC with Accra Ghana as its headquarters. This article brings you WAEC Ghana contacts to enhance easy communication with them and access by the public.
WAEC Ghana is a crucial examination body in Ghana. Most universities require students to have qualified by the WAEC standards before they can be considered to pursue courses. It goes without saying, therefore, that WAEC is a great determinant of most students' future in Ghana. This said, it is important that you have the right WAEC contacts in your region especially if you want to make any inquiries before or after the examinations.
WAEC Ghana contacts and addresses
It is important to have the right WAEC Ghana contact lines to enable you reach out to the council. Here are some contacts and addresses of WAEC Ghana that will come in handy. If you have complaints or other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact the WAEC. After all, there are many WAEC has offices spread all over the country to serve its clients diligently. No need to wonder anymore, how to contact WAEC Ghana. Reach out through the following contacts.
Objectives of the council
The main objectives of the council are:
- To conduct the examinations in the public interest
- To award certificates, provided the certificates did not represent lower standards of attainment than equivalent certificates of examining authorities in the United Kingdom.
Convention establishing the council
The council had its 30th anniversary in March, the year 1982 in Monrovia, Liberia during which the convention that established the WAEC was signed, and was later ratified by the member Governments and came into force in August 1984.
The council under the convention was inaugurated in March 1985. The convention now gives consistent legal backing to all the operations of the council in all the member countries, makes room for important changes in the structure of the council and provides it with a legal personality as an international body. The headquarters agreement signed by the government of Ghana in 1987 bestows certain privileges and some immunities on the council’s headquarters in Ghana. To take care of the recent developments in the member countries, a procedure to revise the convention was initiated at the turn of the century and the revised convention was signed in June 2003.
The structure of the council
The well-developed committee structure is part of the council’s strength. WAEC’s committees and the council itself are composed of some of the best men and women in the various fields of human endeavor in the sub-region, especially in the education sector. There have been several heads of the National office and the current one serving up to the time of this publication is Mrs Wendy E. Addy-Lamptey B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture; Dip. Ed; PGD (Pub. Admin); M: Ed. (Meas. & Eval)
- The vision of the organization is; “To be a world class examining body adding value to the educational goals of its numerous stakeholders”.
The organization’s mission is;
- “To remain Africa’s foremost examining body providing qualitative and reliable educational assessment, encouraging academic and moral excellence and promoting sustainable human resource development and international co-operation”.
In its sixty years of existence, the Council has achieved its mission in a very large measure. For example, it has over the years developed a team of well-trained and highly motivated staff and has administered examinations which are both valid and relevant to the educational aspirations of member countries. Its certificates enjoy international recognition.
The core values of the organization include;
What WAEC does
In Ghana, WAEC is responsible for several examinations. The main ones are the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) for Junior Secondary Schools and the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE) for Senior Secondary Schools. The results of the BECE are released in August to enable the successful students and qualified candidates to enter the Senior Secondary Schools and other Technical Institutions at the start of the academic year in September. The list of the results is sent to the participating school while each of the candidates receives a statement of their results through their respective schools.
The SSCE results are usually released three months after the examination is conducted which is November/December for the School Examination and February for the Private candidates' examination. The result sheets are as well sent to the participating schools immediately after the release of the examination. Each private candidate receives a statement of their results as well, showing their performance in the examination. In addition, the candidates can also get access to the results on the WAEC website using a special scratch card which can be purchased from designated vendors across the country.
READ ALSO: Alisa Hotel contact number and locations
1. WAEC Ghana national headquarters office
WAEC headquarters is where complete and full decisions concerning the examination council are taken. Here is the WAEC national office headquarters address and office location. The WAEC Ghana contact Accra details are the main contacts of the council.
- W.A.E.C Headquarters
- Physical Location: Examination Loop (Behind Ridge Hospital)
- P.O BOX GP 125, Accra, Ghana
- Telephone: 233-302-248967
- Fax : 233-302-222905
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.waecgh.org/
READ ALSO: Mechanical lloyd contacts, phone and offices
2. WAEC Ghana contact Kumasi zonal office
The Kumasi contact detail is:
- Physical Address:West African Examinations Council near Kumasi Technical Institute (K.T.I)
- P.O BOX 3515, Kumasi, Ashanti Region, Ghana.
- Telephone: +233-51-43352 / 34453 / 34449
3. WAEC Ghana Sekondi
- Physical Address: WAEC Branch, office, Near Regional Co-ordinating Council, Sekondi
- P.O BOX 84, Takoradi.
- Telephone: +233 3120-46334 / 46041
4. WAEC Ghana Cape Coast
- Physical address: WAEC Branch Office, Adisadel Estate. P.O BOX 828, Cape Coast.
- Telephone: +233 3321-32878
5. WAEC Ghana Koforidua
- Physical Address: WAEC Branch Office, Old Estate Road, Former Produce Buying Company Premises. P.O BOX 62, Koforidua.
- Telephone: +233 3420-20922 / 20923 /20075 / 20921
6. WAEC Ghana Hohoe
- Physical Address: WAEC Branch Office, Accra Road (Opposite SCC/Ghana Highways Authority Offices)P.O BOX 455, Hohoe.
- Telephone: (+233)03620-28254
7. WAEC Ghana Sunyani
- Physical Address: WAEC Branch Office, (Behind Ghana Legion and District Assembly Offices) P.O BOX 190, Sunyani
- Telephone: +233 3520-27016 / 24462
8. WAEC Ghana Tamale
- Location: WAEC Branch Office, (Near GNAT Hostel) P.O BOX 155, ER Tamale
- Telephone: +233 3720-23092 / 23421
9. WAEC Ghana Bolgatanga
- Location: WAEC Branch Office, SOE Residential Area (Near Catering Rest House). P.O BOX 327, Balgatanga
- Telephone: +233 3820-23232 / 24267
10. WAEC Ghana Wa
- Location: WAEC Branch Office, Regional Administration Kumbiehe Road. P.O BOX 300, Wa, Upper West Region.
- Telephone: +233 3920-22278
WAEC, being an organization not only for Ghana but the neighbouring countries, is sought after by so many people. Use the WAEC Ghana email address if you want to communicate officially with the council. This article gives you all the contact details, including WAEC Ghana postal address if you prefer sending letters. Whichever way you decide to communicate, any of the WAEC Ghana contacts above gives you an official access to the council.
READ ALSO: CFAO Ghana contacts and showrooms