Many people know Abedi Pele as a brilliant former captain of the national football team, the Black Stars of Ghana, but not many people know some interesting facts about him.
Per a list compiled by Citi Sports, the maestro, was extremely successful, both with his club sides and with the national team, chalking some of the biggest successes in the history of Ghanaian football.
- Abedi Pele's football career lasted for about 20 years within which time he made 552 appearances.
- Abedi Pele spent most of his career at Marseille, the same French club that his children have played at. He played 112 games for the French side.
3. In total, Abedi played for 479 games for 12 different clubs.
4. Abedi Pele has four children out of which three of them have gone into football.
5. The popular footballer played for Ghana 73 times and scored a total of 33 goals.
6. In total, Abedi scored 157 goals for all the clubs he played for.
7. Abedi Pele won the African Player of the Year title for three consecutive years; since then, nobody in Ghana had won it for 13 good years.
8. The maestro was able to make on the list for the Fifa Player of the Year and ended up in the ninth position
9. Abedi Pele and his son Andre Dede Ayew have been captains of the national men's football team of Ghana.
10. The father of the current captain of the Black Stars won the UEFA Champions League in 1993.
In other news, Professor Kwabena Bediako was named as one of 40 scientists and engineers in the United States of America to receive $450,000 from the Investor Research Program (YIP) organized by the Air Force Office of Scientific Research.
According to AmeyawDebrah.com, the young handsome professor lectures at the University of California as an Assistant Professor of Chemistry.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Have national and human interest issues to discuss?
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome.
Get interactive via our Facebook page.