- Government has engaged a private estate developer to construct 21-housing units for judges after the demolition of eight bungalows at Ridge
- The Lands Ministry said the government has swapped land with the developer for houses for judges
- Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources have revealed that government has engaged a private developer to build 21-housing units for some judges at Cantonments in Accra.
According to the technical director for the Lands Ministry, James Dadson, the government of Ghana is involved in a land-swap deal with the private estate developer.
The move was necessitated by the demolition of eight bungalows previously occupied by judges at Ridge, near the Greater Accra Passport Office, to pave way for the construction of the National Cathedral.
READ ALSO: US Education: Meet 8-year-old Ghanaian pupil who topped her class after only one month
The Lands Ministry’s technical director also said government was re-developing all state lands in prime areas in Accra
“Some of those lands were put on the market and sold out and the revenues generated were used to build more houses for the government.
"So if you look at all these years, Roman Ridge, behind Ridge Church and other prime areas in Accra, you could see that there are bungalows there, one bungalow is knocked down and about eight or more are built on the same piece of land,” Mr Dadson explained.
READ ALSO: Ken Agyapong jabs Kan Dapaah for falling for a lady with long fingernails
He further added that government was determined to reclaim all state acquired lands that were encroached by recalcitrant individuals and groups in prime areas in Accra.
“Government will make sure all encroached state acquired lands are reclaimed, protected and utilised in a manner that will guarantee their preservation for future generations.”
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that National Women’s Organiser of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) has chastised National Security Minister, Kan Dapaah over his leaked amorous video conversation with a lady.
Dr Hanna Bissiw stated that the'irresponsible act' on the part of the National security minister, makes him a threat to national security.
Speaking on Inside Politics Monday afternoon on January 13, 2020, she said it would have been no issue if he employed the services of a porn star but by virtue of his office, it is a big deal.
Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.