- A total of four new cases of the deadly coronavirus otherwise known as COVID-19 have been confirmed in Ghana
- This sends the total number of confirmed cases to 136 as of the morning of March 27, 2020
- The 136 has different breakdowns under it which have been gathered by YEN.com.gh
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
A total of four new cases of the deadly coronavirus otherwise known as COVID-19 have been confirmed in Ghana, sending the total number of confirmed cases to 136 as of the morning of March 27, 2020.
The 136 has different breakdowns under it which have been gathered by YEN.com.gh into a list of seven important facts that must be known, sourcing the official website of the Ghana Health Service.
1. 58 out of the total 136 cases confirmed were from the regular surveillance systems
This means that Ghana has identified four new cases among the general public and not the people who have been put under mandatory quarantine. The total number of confirmed cases among those in mandatory quarantine still stands at 78.
2. A total of 3 deaths have been confirmed so far in the country
Out of the 136 confirmed cases, three have sadly passed, which means that the country should be left with 133 infected people if the subtraction is done.
3. There has been 1 recovery so far
Since the total number of people in the country, after taking out the three who passed, came down to 133 people, taking out the one recovery leaves the country with 132 active cases.
4. All the 3 people who died were aged with underlying chronic medical conditions
The novel coronavirus has an attribute of wreaking the most havoc on the aged or those with underlying chronic medical conditions and so far, that has been confirmed 100% in Ghana.
5. A total of 14 people in Ghana are being managed at home
It is indicated that all the people identified with the infection outside the mandatory quarantine are doing well and even 14 are comfortably recovering in their homes. They are all awaiting their test results and will be declared fit when the results come back negative.
6. Only 7 of the people confirmed with the infection are foreigners
Majority of the confirmed cases are Ghanaians, who returned home from affected countries. Only seven are of other nationals namely: Norway, Lebanon, China, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom (UK).
7. A total of 1,006 contacts have been identified and are being tracked
1,006 people have been identified to have contacted infected persons. Out of these, two hundred and four (204) have completed the 14-day mandatory follow up.
All the suspects were arrested at a suburb of Techiman on March 25, after a tip-off was given to the police.
Apart from the fake sanitizers, the police retrieved other products such as mouth wash, 'saviour water', and sexual healing products among several others.
Enjoy reading our stories? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.