The feeling of losing someone dear to you or even to your friend can be excruciating. At times, getting the right words to comfort someone might be challenging, but if you write sympathy cards messages from your heart, it will be easily understood and appreciated.
Writing a sympathy card is often an emotional and intimidating experience. It can also be challenging to find the right words to offer support, comfort, and empathy for a loved one. Even though your words cannot take away the pain of losing a loved one, they can help a grieving person feel loved and supported.
If you are looking for the right sympathy message or what to write in a sympathy card, here are some sympathy card messages to give you ideas and inspiration to condole with a loved one.
What to write in sympathy card messages
Some of the sentiments that you can use to bring warmth to a grieving heart are:
- I’ll remember (name) in many positive ways-with a big smile and a great sense of humour, always great with a story.
- I’m sure your heart is aching. We want you to know that we are here for you if you need anything. Expect us to check in soon.
- Our hearts go out to you and your family. Although I don’t know exactly what to say, I want you to know that I am with you in thought and wish you comfort and peace as you remember (name).
- Words can’t express the loss of (name). Know that I’m here for you and your family in these difficult times when you need anything.
- Nobody could tell a funny story like your father. Remember, at your birthday party- the story about the cake incident? My face hurt for a full day after from laughing so hard. I’ll always cherish those memories and fun times spent with him.
- What a good and generous man your father was. I thought his funeral service was a wonderful tribute to him and all he has done for our community. He will be missed.
- When you speak of him, speak not with tears, for thoughts of him should not be sad. Let memories of the times you shared give you comfort, for his life was rich because of you.
- He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. What an amazing life your father led. I will never forget the way he smiled and the way he loved you with every piece of his heart.
- Let the memories of your father's life provide you with the comfort you need during this challenging time.
- Such a strong man will never truly be gone, for he has left such a loving presence in our hearts.
- Although no words can take away the sorrow that you bear, may it be comforting to you to know that others care.
- There are so few comforting words when we need them most. The passing of the one who first introduced us to this planet and who loved us along its paths is never easy.
- My heart aches for you and your family during this time. Your mother was such an amazing person, and she will truly be missed, My condolences.
- Your mother was someone whose light shown on everyone around her. That light is deeply missed. Take comfort in how much she, and your whole family, is loved in these difficult times.
- Nothing can indeed cut the ties of motherhood. She is with us all still in love, memory, and family. Know we are here to support you all through everything that may come.
Simple sympathy cards messages
Sometimes, the fear of not saying the right thing can lead to saying nothing at all. However, whether you phrase the words correctly or not, your presence will be most appreciated. You can use the following messages:
- Our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
- Our collective hearts are heavy with sympathy.
- We are sharing in your sorrow with love and friendship—our sincere condolences.
- Words fall short of expressing my sorrow for your loss.
- We pray that your heart and soul will find peace and comfort during this difficult time.
- May the memories of John Doe help you find peace.
- We don’t know how to heal your pain but wish we could—our most sincere condolences.
- May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
- We are very saddened to hear of your loss.
- No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss.
- Words fall short of expressing my sorrow. My condolences.
- I’m always there in your hour of need. May her soul rest in peace.
- Someone so special can never be forgotten.
- I will be thinking of you in this moment of pain.
- When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.
- My family’s hearts are with you and your family.
Sympathy card sayings
Some of the sympathy notes and quotes that you can use to condole with a friend or a loved one are:
- With a heavy heart, I pray for the eternal repose of one who was a woman of distinguished humanity.
- In these moments of loss, words are useless. God rest her soul in peace and the angels to always be there with you!
- Your father will be missed. All of us loved him, and he will be cherished in our memories forever. Our condolences.
- Flowers and prayers go out for our dear grandfather and great-grandfather that left us too soon.
- Your loss profoundly saddens us, may our prayers guide his soul to our Heavenly Father. Sincere condolences!
- The good Lord called to her last night our beloved mother and aunt. May God rests her soul in peace.
- The loss of your brother profoundly saddens me. He will be genuinely missed, and I will include him in my daily prayers.
- Sincere condolences to the families grieving the immeasurable loss they suffered. Please accept my condolences.
- At this challenging time in your life, we pray that God will grant you the peace that you need to get through this. Sincere condolences!
Words of sympathy from the Bible
Using Bible verses as an expression of sympathy to condole a friend is also good. It assures the friend that God will be their comfort, especially if the person is a Christian. There is peace and grace connected with Bible verses for those feeling down or weak during challenging moments. Some of those sympathy cards messages from Bible verses are:
- Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. (Psalm 23:4)
- May your unfailing love be my comfort. (Psalm 119:76)
- Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. (John 14:27)
- Come to me, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)
- Lord my God, I called to you for help, and you healed me. (Psalm 30:2)
- He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. (Psalm 147:3)
- He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things have passed away. (Revelation 21:4)
- He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might, He increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29)
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. (Matthew 5:4)
- God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea. (Psalm 46:1-2)
- You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. (Psalm 18:28)
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
How to express condolences
Which are the condolences words that you can use to express your love, support, and comfort to a grieving family?
- May your hearts soon be filled with wonderful memories of joyful times together as you celebrate a life well-lived.
- We are deeply pained and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow we feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences, words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now, God rest their soul.
- I cannot even begin to understand what you’re going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences.
- May memories of (name) and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
- Hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends and family for strength, and always remember how much you are loved.
- I wish you peace to bring comfort, the courage to face the days ahead and loving memories to forever hold in your heart.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort.
- It seems so cruel to lose one so dear. Time may dull the pain, but we will never forget (name). Please accept my condolences.
- Please accept our heartfelt condolences, and we hope that in a small way, they help through these trying times.
- Grief can be so hard, but our unforgettable memories help us cope. Remembering you and your loved one today and always.
- As the days and weeks pass, and as you return to life’s routine, may you continue to feel comforted by the love and support of family and friends.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel about (name) death. We are here to support you in your grieving process, with sincere sympathy.
- I am praying for you to get through this time with the peace that comes from the knowledge that God loves you and that He will take care of you.
- I was saddened to hear of your loss, and I realize you have lost a blessing from God. I pray that God will continue to bless you in other ways and strengthen you.
- I wish I could do more than give you my sympathy. Please let me know how I can help. Know that I am here if you need anything, and I love you.
- I wish I could express to you all the appropriate words. All I can say is that I am sorry for your loss and that I want you to know that you mean a great deal to me.
Sorry for your loss quotes
It is also good to use quotes to offer your sympathy message to someone. Some comforting, insightful, and profound words you can use regarding the loss and grief of a close person are:
- What we have once enjoyed, we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes part of us.
- Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.
- Please accept my heartfelt condolences; words cannot begin to express the sadness you are feeling right now; God rest his soul.
- Our souls are hardened of pain on hearing of the unfair disappearance, we knew, appreciated, and admired! God rest his soul.
- No one can prepare you for a loss; it comes like a swift wind. But take comfort in knowing that he is now resting in the arms of our Lord.
- We understand death only after it has placed its hands on someone we love.
- There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.
- A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies but instead, it brings us together again and again.
- My deepest condolences to you and your family. Your father was truly an incredible person, and his loss is felt deeply.
- Sorry for your loss. I celebrate the life of (name) and am mourning him/her with you in this trying time.
- We are deeply pained, and words are of no help in expressing the sorrow we feel at this moment. Sincere condolences!
- May your memories give you peace and comfort.
- Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in a time of sorrow.
- Wherever a beautiful soul has been, there is a trail of beautiful memories.
- For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
- Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great girl. God rest her soul in peace!
- Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
- When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.
- Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, but rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.
- A beautiful soul, full of love and faith, ascended to heaven, away from us, but closer to God, leaving loneliness and sadness.
- Words cannot describe what I am feeling. I give my condolences to the entire family. God rest her soul.
- A person that departs from this earth never truly leaves, for they are still alive in our hearts, through us, they live on. My condolences.
- A prayer, a flower, a candle, and sad tears of pain on your grave, our dear grandfather
- I am genuinely sorry for your loss. Your uncle will be missed, and he will never be forgotten, may his soul rest in peace.
- Despite the loss of the physical presence of your father, we know that God has assigned him to watch over you throughout your life.
Short sympathy sentiments
A short message is great because it helps you keep your condolences simple. If you do not prefer using long sympathy messages, you can use these short ones:
- We are very saddened to hear of your recent loss.
- My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time.
- We want to express our sincere condolences to you and your family.
- We want to express our sympathy and let you know that our thoughts are with you.
- I’m always there in your hour of need. May their soul rest in peace.
- Someone so special can never be forgotten.
- I will be thinking of you in this moment of pain.
- Do not ever forget that I am thinking of you, at this time of loss.
- I wish you as much peace as possible during this difficult time.
- I am sending you a hug and my love through this note.
- I wish you peace and healing during this time.
- We join all of you in your sorrow.
- Our warmest condolences for your loss.
- I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
- Your loss saddens me profoundly.
- I’m so sorry you have to go through such a difficult time.
- You are never forgotten, always remembered.
Nobody wishes to lose a loved one but, when it happens, the deceased's family needs comfort from close friends. However, getting the right words to support and comfort them during that challenging time seems difficult.
If you have always been trying to get the right words to condole a close friend, just use some of these best sympathy messages. Ensure that you have brought warmth to a grieving soul with these sympathy cards messages.
Yen.com.gh recently reported about 100+ happy Thursday quotes, messages, and images. Thursdays can be hectic. It is the day before a week coming to an end and the start of a weekend. It is a great day to devise how to end the week and plan on how to enjoy your weekend.
Do not let your dear ones feel left out on this day. Be there to inspire and motivate them by sharing these happy Thursday quotes, messages, and images.