Lydia Forson is a Ghanaian-born model, actress, activist and movie producer. She rose to fame for her portrayal of Dede in the film, The Perfect Picture. Forson has also starred in several other awards winning films such as A Sting in a Tale, Masquerades and Phone Swap among others.
Lydia is a famous actress who has made a tremendous contribution to the growth and development of the Ghanaian movie industry. Her role on the movie, Different Shades of Blue led to her first African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) nomination for the Best Upcoming Female Actress category.
Lydia Forson profile summary
- Full name: Lydia Forson
- Date of birth: 24th October 1984
- Place of birth: Mankessim, Ghana
- Age: 36 years (as of 2020)
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Ethnicity: Black
- Relationship status: Single
- Profession: Actress, activist, movie producer
- Net worth: $300,000
Lydia Forson biography
The actress was born on 24th October 1984 in Mankessim Ghana. When she was nine years old, Lydia Forson father and the entire family relocated from Ghana to Kentucky USA. While in the US, Lydia studied at Wilmore Elementary in Kentucky.
After three years in the United States, Lydia Forson parents and the kids moved back to Ghana. She continued her education at Akosombo International School in Ghana.
She joined St Louis Secondary School in Kumasi, where she attained her secondary school certificate. After high school, she enrolled for a Bachelor's Degree in English Language and Information Studies at the University of Ghana.
Lydia started acting in 2005 after playing the Cameo role in the film known as Hotel St James. Her debut movie was well-received, thus making her famous and this pave the way for her greatness in the Ghanaian movie industry.
In 2009, she landed a remarkable role in the movie The Perfect Picture. It was loved by many, thus making it a huge success and earning her an award as well. Here is the list of Lydia Forson movies so far:
- 2005 - Hotel St. James
- 2006 - Run Baby Run 2007 - Different Shades of Blue
- 2007 - The Next Movie Star Reality Show
- 2008 - Scorned
- 2009 - The Perfect Picture as Dede
- 2009 - A Sting in a Tale as Frema
- 2011 - Masquerades
- 2012 - Phone Swap as Gina
- 2013 - Kamara's Tree
- 2013 - Home with Michelle Attoh as Guest
- 2013 - Scandal
- 2014 - A Letter From Adam
- 2017 - Isoken as Kukua
- 2017 - Keteke as Atswei
- 2018 - Sidechic Gang
- 2019 - Levis as Boss
- 2019 - The Perfect Picture (Ten Years Later) as Dede Botchway
- Borga as Mother (post-production)
Apart from being in the film industry, she is one of the hottest Ghanaian plus-size models. The actress seems content with her body, and she doesn't mind flaunting it on social media.
Awards and nominations
The actress has had a brilliant and successful career over the years. As a result, she has bagged several awards and nominations for her excellence. These include:
- 2009 - Best Upcoming Female Actress at the African Movie Academy (Nominee)
- 2010 - Best Actress in a Leading Role at the African Movie Academy (Winner)
- 2012 - Best Screenplay at the African Movie Academy for her role in the film The Cupboard (Winner)
- 2015 - Best Comedic Act at the Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards (Nominee)
- 2015 - Best Actress in a Comedy at the Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards (Nominee)
- 2015 - Best Writer (Comedy) at the Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards (Nominee)
- 2015 - Actress of the Year (Africa) at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards (Nominee)
- 2017 - Best Actress in a lead role at the African Movie Academy Award (Nominee)
- 2018 - Best Supporting Actress at the Africa Magic Viewers' Choice Awards (Winner)
- 2020 - People's Choice Awards (Nominee)
Husband and kids
Who is Lydia Forson married to? The actress is still single. Her marital status has time and again led people to her timeline seeking to know when she will be walking down the aisle. She always responds that getting married and having babies is a personal choice.
Lydia Forson net worth
Forson is one of the prominent actresses in the country. She has a net worth of roughly $300, 000 as of 2020.
Lydia Forson is not a new name in the Ghanaian film industry. The renowned actress who also doubles up as a model, activist and movie producer continues to awe many with her success.
Adesua is not only beautiful but hardworking given the many roles she had undertaken in Nollywood. She has embodied different personalities so well that she has won many hearts and awards. Her passion for acting is evident for anyone to see, and her career is still on the rise.