If you were born in the 90s, chances are you joined the shoe craze that gripped all school kids during that time.
As a young pupil back then, it was all you could do not to throw tantrums so your parents bought the new shoes everyone was wearing.
From ‘Camboos’ to Teva sandals, these are the popular shoes we wore in the 90s:
1 ‘Torris’. These are the popular pair of sandals, that were worn mostly by boys. And the truth is, these Sandals are actually called Teva sandals, which is the original company name. So where from ‘Torris’ though?
2. Dada Supreme. These were the ‘boss’ of sneakers in our younger days. If you had these shoes, you were crowned king and rich kid.
3. Jelly Shoes. If you did not hound your mum at the market to buy you a pair of these, then you are not really Ghanaian. Especially the very popular blue and glitter brands, jelly sandals were a girl’s best friend.
4. Fila. You must remember these sneakers! These were possibly the most popular sneakers around, probably because they were also affordable at the time. Just go back to that first term after Christmas, when you step into school with your brand new Fila boots. Memories!
5. Timberland. Yes, now this was a boot. These brown, heavy boots were easily recognized anywhere. There was always a different style to the walk of the kids who wore them too.
6. Nike ACG shoes. For the big boys. We won’t say much but let the photo take you back to your school days.
7. The classic black shoes. We all wore these one time or another back then. These were durable, loyal shoes that stuck by us rain, or shine.
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.