With the complaints of film producers about the influx of foreign telenovelas still swirling in media, we almost forget that there are some Ghanaian television programs that are adding their own essence to the entertainment industry.
Get the latest news in entertainment and politics on YEN.com.gh
These shows are lively and stay true to real life Ghanaian situations, and are very entertaining to the local and international audience.
YEN.com.gh brings you six Ghanaian TV shows that you need to start watching, if you don’t already:
1. YOLO. The series highlights what young people go through everyday learning about their reproductive health and it is a spin-off of the popular ‘Things We Do for Love’ show.
READ ALSO: Proudly Ghanaian: Asamoah Gyan unveils his news energy drink 'RUN'
2. Coco Brown. The show is produced by media guru Deloris Frimpong-Manso and centers on the lives of women in the city; their social interactions, lifestyle and relationships.
3. Heels and Sneakers. This drama series is an all inclusive show about working women, students and people trying to better their lives. It is actress Yvonne Nelson’s first TV production.
4. Desperate Survivors. This series talks about the struggle of unemployed youth as they navigate through life. It is aired on GhOne on weekdays.
5. Kejetia vs Makola. This hilarious web series has already gained much attention from the Ghanaian audience, due to its quick one-liners and witty court setting, as two lawyers and a judge try to outdo themselves during court sessions.
6. Tales from the Powder Room. While this is not a TV drama series, it is an insightful engaging program that helps people who have situations they need help with, find answers to them through a panel discussion with experts.
READ ALSO: Kumawood's Emelia Brobbey shows off her fierce and serene sides in smashing new photos
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.