Solar energy is the better option as compared to the electricity. Solar energy is more affordable because it relies on the sun and also it is more environment friendly.
How to make a solar panel at home.
Solar energy has been explored in the past but the efficiency is not as fast as the electricity. This is because sometimes the weather changes. In cold areas it is hard to solely depend on solar energy. Solar panels can be improvised and made from household items. Below is an elaborate procedure of making a solar panel.
How to make a solar panel with household items
The materials needed are;
- Two aluminum strips a non coated copper wire is also applicable
- Glue preferably the permanent glue
- Glass pieces. They should be two like the slides used in the laboratory
- Blackberries or blueberries
- Coffee filter
READ ALSO: How to make money in Ghana in 2018
Method on how to make a solar panel using foil.
- Glue the aluminium strips to the glass slides. The strips should be of equal sizes.
- Take the bowl, and put the berries in. Mash the berries and extract the berry juice
- Filter the juice using the filter and put the filtered juice in a separate cup
- After filtering the juice completely, set it aside for later use
- Take the slide that is taped with the aluminum foil and then tape the corners.
- Apply the sunscreen to the taped slide. Apply generously for best results
- Smooth out the sunscreen evenly using any round object
- Remove the tape and leave it to dry for around 10 minutes or so
- After it dries up, immerse the slide in the juice that you set aside. Give it around 15 minutes
- Take the other slide and light the candle. Burn the side that has the aluminum foil completely. This slide will start turning black. Do it until you cannot see through the glass.
- Take the soaked slide and wipe off the extra juice
- Take the soaked slide and add 4 drops of iodine.
- Take the slide that is coated with carbon and place it on top of the one that has iodine. Take some paper clips and slip the two slides.
- Take the tape again and cut it into three equal pieces
- Tape the slides three times to ensure that the two slides are held tightly together
You will have created a home made solar panel. This is an answer for how to make a solar panel for school project.
The titanium dioxide will react with the juice and the result is a semi-conductive material. When the light hits this material it causes the carbon and iodine atoms to move in one direction. This causes an electric current of some sort. The above process will make a solar cell. A combination of many solar cells make a solar panel. The more you solder the solar cells together in a series pattern, the more they produce more current.
Some people may wonder how much does it cost to make a solar panel from home?
The answer is very little money because if you have all the above items, you will not need to buy anything to make your solar panel. It is a very easy process that is affordable too.
READ ALSO: How to Style Natural Hair at Home