Drug queen, Nayele Ametefe, has been released from UK cells after she was caught three years ago smuggling large sums of cocaine to London.
The setting free of Nayele Ametefe comes after she was caught with large sums of cocaine.
Yen.com.gh has been seeking answers to the reasons for her removal and we have been getting reports from various media sources:
1. There are reports she was released on grounds of showing good behavior
2. Nayele is believed to have been released based on parole - which is the conditions granted a prisoner upon which they get released from jail
3. There are claims the drug queen was released due to her earlier pleas to be with family since she has been the breadwinner of the house
4. There are suspicions the lady may have been granted freedom by some officials in the corridors of power in Ghana
5 The argument that she has three children, the first being 16 years old.
6. That she was forced by circumstances to engage in transporting drugs to support her newly attained high-class lifestyle and to take care of her three children.
Nayele Ametefe was arrested three years ago after 12 kilogrammes of cocaine was found on her at Heathrow Airport in the United Kingdom.
She was subsequently sentenced to eight and half years imprisonment after pleading guilty to the offense.
In 2015 the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) teamed up with NACOB to file an application to confiscate some of her properties as well as her bank accounts, insisting she got those properties from dealing in drugs.
The court granted the application in 2016, however, the suit was challenged by Nayele’s mother, with the explanation that the properties did not belong to her daughter.
Watch: Fifa 2018 Most Powerful Teams: Football Team Ranking For The Fifa World Cup Russia 2018 | Yen.com.gh
Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Message us on Facebook or Instagram.