- Two confirmed cases of the deadly coronavirus otherwise known as COVID-19 have been reported in Ghana.
- According to the Health Minister, the two recorded cases are imported cases.
- The two are believed to have flown in from Norway and Turkey.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Health Minister, Kwaku Agyemang-Manu has announced two confirmed cases of the deadly coronavirus otherwise known as COVID-19 in Ghana.
According to the Health Minister, the two persons tested positive after laboratory tests from the Noguchi Memorial Institute of Medical Research on Thursday, March 12.
A statement sighted by YEN.com.gh from the Ministry of Health indicates that the two confirmed cases were reported as ‘imported cases’ since both individuals returned to Ghana from Norway and Turkey.
He made this revelation while addressing an emergency press briefing organized by the Information ministry, Yesterday, March 12, 2020.
Ghanaians have reacted differently to this news from the health ministry.
Emmanuel said it is about time we tackle this problem and find a solution to it.
Nicholas could not believe foreigners were allowed to enter the country while students were left in China.
Alex asked who advices our government. According to him, foreign travel should have been banned.
Shiela believe the minister was just sitting to announce this.
It involved a Ghanaian who returned from Spain, where about 1,700 cases of the epidemic had been recorded with 37 deaths.
Speaking in with Citi FM, the Regional Director of the Ghana Health Service, Dr Kofi Issah said the patient reported to the Berekum Community Hospital with coronavirus symptoms but tested negative after series of tests were conducted.
Yenkasa: Coronavirus: Is Ghana ready? | #Yencomgh
Enjoyed reading our story? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.