- More COVID-19 patients are expected to recover within the next three weeks, the Ghana Health Service has assured
- The recoveries will involve patients who do not have other underlying health conditions
- Research has shown that a higher percentage of people without underlying health conditions fully recovered after three weeks
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
The Director-General of the GHS, Dr Patrick Kuma Aboagye, has revealed that in the coming three weeks, Ghanaians will again witness a surge in COVID-19 recoveries.
According to Dr. Aboagye, the recoveries will involve patients who do not have other underlying health conditions.
Speaking during a press briefing on the national COVID-19 update, he revealed that research had shown that a higher percentage of people without underlying health conditions fully recovered after three weeks.
He added that this is only possible if health care and medication were administered to the infected person on time.
That, Dr Aboagye explained, accounted for the many spontaneous recoveries recently.
Providing an update on the national situation, the Director-General said 5,918 cases had been confirmed, with 1,754 recoveries while 31 patients with underlying health conditions had died.
Dr Aboagye said the 31 people who died were with underlying health conditions.
He also added that five patients were critically ill while the remaining patients were well and responding to treatment.
READ ALSO: COVID-19: Ghana’s cases hit 6,096
Meanwhile, the latest update from the Ghana Health Service (GHS) on COVID-19 indicates that Ghana has recorded 178 new cases to increase the caseload to 6,096.
The GHS released the new update on Tuesday, May 19, 2020.
The death toll still stands at 31 with 19 more recoveries recorded, making the total 1,773. The total number of tests administered as of May 19, 2020, was 184,343.
Madam Yaa Botwe seems to have a lot to say about the novel "KWABENA-19" | #Yencomgh
Get interactive via our Facebook page.