- Michael Packard, 56, said he was lucky to be alive after he was attacked by the marine mammal while on his daily routine in Massachusetts.
- The diver disclosed he felt everything went dark after the whale waylaid him
- The survivor said he was inside the mammal for 30 to 40 seconds before it, fortunately, spit him out
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
A lobster diver in the United States (US) has miraculously survived after he was swallowed by a whale.
The man identified as Michael Packard, 56, said he was lucky to be alive after he was attacked by the marine mammal while on his daily routine in Massachusetts.
The Daily Mail reported that the man disclosed he felt everything went dark after the whale waylaid him.
At first, he thought he had been ambushed by a shark but when he did not feel sharp teeth, he realised he was in the whale's mouth.
"I realised, oh my God, I am in a whale's mouth ... and he's trying to swallow me. And I thought to myself okay, this is it - I am finally, going to die," he narrated.
Packard's experience inside whale
The insider reported the man believed he was inside the mammal for 30 to 40 seconds before it, fortunately, spit him out.
"I just got thrown in the air and landed in the water. I was free and I just floated there. I couldn't believe it... I'm here to tell it," Packard said.
A crewman who was with the 56-year-old pulled him out of the water after the ordeal. The survivor was not seriously injured and only got a few bruises.
Social media users shared their thoughts on the scary incident:
Matt Viser said:
"Imagine, for the rest of your life, being able to tell the story about the day a humpback whale swallowed you whole."
"God is good! Michael Packard (a lobster diver), dived into the water and just saw darkness! He figured out he was swallowed by a humpback whale. It’s a miracle that about 30 seconds later the humpback whale spit him out!"
Mombasa man swallows toothbrush
In a separate story reported by YEN.com.gh, a Mombasa man was hospitalised after swallowing a toothbrush.
David Charo was rushed to Coast General Hospital after the bizarre incident.
He was brushing his teeth when he suddenly swallowed the toothbrush. X-ray tests showed the toothbrush was in his stomach.
The item was finally removed through endoscopy at the Coast General Hospital.
Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news.