- Real name: Yvonne Nelson
- Birthday: 12 November 1985
- Nationality: Ghanaian
- Star sign: Scorpio
- Occupation: actress, producer
- Height: 5’ 8’’ or 173 cm
Who is Yvonne Nelson?
Yvonne Nelson is a popular Ghanaian actress, producer, and entrepreneur who has made a significant impact in the Ghanaian film industry. Nelson was born on November 12 in Accra, Ghana. She is of Fante and Ga descent. She graduated from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA) with a master's degree in International Relations and Diplomacy in 2020.
Yvonne Nelson accidentally began her career when she went to watch an audition and the producer asked if she would like to perform.
Yvonne Nelson began her acting career in the early 2000s and gained recognition for her role in the movie "Princess Tyra" (2007), which earned her critical acclaim and propelled her to stardom.
She delved into movie production in 2011. Her first production was the movie The Price, which was released that same year. She also produced Single and Married in 2012 and House of Gold in 2013. The latter won Best Picture at the Ghana Movie Awards and Best Ghanaian Movie at the 2013 City People Entertainment Awards.
She has also featured in many Nollywood movies and starred in some TV series, such as Fortune Island, Tentacles, The Miser, etc.
Notable Roles: Yvonne Nelson has portrayed a wide range of characters in her films, displaying her versatility as an actress. Some of her notable roles include: Bola in "House of Gold" (2013), Angela in "If Tomorrow Never Comes" (2015), Princess Tyra in "Princess Tyra" (2007) etc.
Top 10 Best Yvonne Nelson Movies
Yvonne Nelson has starred in numerous successful movies throughout her career. Here are ten of her notable films:
- Princess Tyra (2007) - Princess Tyra
- Crime to Christ (2008) - Chantelle
- The Game (2010) - Nina
- Single and Married (2012) - Kimberly
- House of Gold (2013) - Bola
- One Night in Vegas (2013) - Nina
- If Tomorrow Never Comes (2015) - Angela
- In April (2018) - Hilary
- Sin City (2019) - Angela
- Fix Us (2020) - Shantel
Awards and recognition
Yvonne Nelson has won many awards for her outstanding performances and contributions to the entertainment industry. Some of her awards include
- Best Actress (English) at the Kumawood Awards 2011
- Best Actress (Lead Role) at the Kumawood Awards 2011
- Best Traditional Movie at the Kumawood Awards 2011
- Best Story at the Kumawood Awards 2011
- Favorite Actress at the Ghana Movie Awards 2016
- European Best Dressed Female Celebrity on the red carpet at the Ghana Movie Awards 2016
- Outstanding Female Media Personality at the Ghana Women Awards 2020
- Best TV Personality at the Ghana Entertainment Awards USA 2022
Yvonne Nelson is currently not married. Her last known relationship was with her ex-boyfriend Jamie Roberts, a British photographer. They have a daughter together named Ryn Roberts, who was born on October 29, 2017.
Yvonne Nelson has also been linked with some celebrities, such as Sarkodie, Iyanya, John Dumelo, Ice Prince, etc.
Yvonne Nelson's memoir
Yvonne Nelson released her autobiography “'I am Not Yvonne Nelson” on June 18, 2023. The memoir has sparked conversations and controversies on social media, as it reveals some of her secrets and scandals, such as:
Her quest to find her biological father and how she was rejected by him. She revealed that her alleged father, Mr Oko Nelson, was not her biological father and that she had the wrong last name.