Your junior high school is where you begin your teenage years; it’s where you really begin to understand your personality, if even only by a little.
Get the latest news in entertainment on YEN.com.gh
And just as Ghanaians like to boast of their senior high schools and universities, where you attended JHS plays a significant role in your growing years; and it gets even more interesting if you know which schools did that for your favorite celebrities.
These are the ‘top’ JHS that produced some of Ghana’s biggest stars:
1. St. Martin De Porres school. This private co-educational school in Dansoman is one of the oldest basic schools in Ghana. Some of the celebrities that attended this school are Yvonne Nelson and Kaakie.
READ ALSO: Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan acquires license to open 'Baby Jet' Airlines
2. Christ the King International School. If you have lived or schooled in Accra for a good part of your life, you may have come across this popular school that is located opposite the Flagstaff House. And the celebrity that went there? John Dumelo.
3. St. Theresa’s Catholic School. Located in North Kaneshie, this school produced two of Ghana’s biggest sensations in film and music; Majid Michel and Joey B.
4. The Morning Star School. Located in the prime neighborhood of Cantonments, you must have crossed paths this school during your JHS years at interschool events. One of their proudest alumni is star actress, Joselyn Dumas.
5. Martyrs of Uganda Preparatory School. Located in Santasi in Kumasi, the Martyrs of Uganda school can boast of producing one of Ghana’s notable hiplife musicians, Kontihene, and actress Moesha Boduong.
6. Achimota Preparatory School. The beginning stages for the next generation of 'Motowners', the Achimota Prep though not as popular as its “elder sister school” produced two showbiz showstoppers; Yvonne Okoro and Sarkodie.
READ ALSO: Sakawa boy gets instant punishment after going against rules
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page