Mariam Owusu-Poku defied all odds as she beats all to win this year’s Miss Malaika.
The competition was brought to a close on Saturday, November 3, at the National Theatre in Accra.
It was keenly contested but Mariam, who is a Business Administration student at the University of Ghana, proved her worth against the nine other contestants.
READ ALSO: Salma Mumin drops wild bikini photo
The 2018 Miss Malaika final had a star-studded cast as judges, with Joselyn Dumas, Jackie Appiah, Naa Ashorkor. James Gardiner and Lexis Bill constituting the judging panel.
All 10 finalists of the competition took turns to perform, gave various speeches and cat-walked gorgeously in their elegant apparels in a bid to impress the judges.
However, it was Miriam who shined brightest at the end of it all as she was crowned the new queen of the pageantry.
READ ALSO: READ ALSO: Nikki Samonas wows fans in new photos
Evelyn also emerged as the 1st runner-up, while Rosetta came in third-place at the 2018 Miss Malaika contest.
YEN.com.gh has sighted 7 beautiful photos which show that this year’s event was a success.
1. The crowning moment as Mariam Owusu-Poku wins this year's competition.
2. Mariam Owusu-Poku posed by her prize
3. This year's 1st runner-up, Evelyn.
4. This year's 2nd runner-up Rosetta.
5. The three finalists, Evelyn, Mariam and Rosetta.
6. This year's finalists with former winners.
7. The judges, Joselyn Dumas, Jackie Appiah, Naa Ashorkor. James Gardiner and Lexis Bill.
Xandy Kamel Interview on Star Gist: 'Benedicta Gafah Has No Womb' Xandy Drops Bombshell| #Yencomgh:
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN's official Facebook page.