The secretary of the Aggrieved Customers of Menzgold in Accra, Samuel Odartey, said government’s statement on Thursday, January, 10 that it would not use taxpayers’ money to settle them, was unnecessary
He said that the public and government may have misconstrued their demands for wanting to be paid with taxpayers money.
“All we are saying is that government has the power to make sure it brings back the CEO, Nana Appiah, let the law deal with him so that they put structures in place and pay our monies back. From day one, no client of Menzgold said ‘use taxpayers’ money to pay us’. That wasn’t the issue,” Odartey said.
He disclosed this on the Joy FM Super Morning Show on Thursday, January 10, 2019..
However, reacting to this assurance, the secretary of the aggrieved customers of Menzgold in Accra said that information was hoax.
He added that since September 2018 when the firm started defaulting in paying dividends and on investments, it had been one promise after the other.
“He brought out a schedule to pay but he didn’t go by them. He turned around and took 5% from people that he is migrating them to an online platform that one too couldn’t work and you want us to believe what you are saying. We don’t believe in it,” the secretary said.
It is estimated at least GH¢200 million of customers’ funds have been locked up with the controversial gold dealership firm.
The issues relating to gold dealership hub, Menzgold, keep getting murkier, each passing day, as each day brings a twist to the developments
An arrest warrant was issued on Wednesday, January 9, issued for the arrest of the CEO of the Company, Nana Appiah Mensah (known also as NAM1), and other top executives working within his string of business establishments.
Watch: Ghana News Today: The Aftermath of Owusu Bempah's Prophecy | #YencomghGhana News Today:
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place.