As people go through different stages of growth and maturity, there are certain decisions they’ll come to regret and hope they had taken differently.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Some of these decisions define people’s persona and ultimately impact various aspects of their lives.
Just as they say, if one does not like their life, they’d have to change the mindset about a situation to see themselves at a better place.
This would mean that the individual would have to take a decision and take action to engineer change.
READ ALSO: Joe Okroku: Ghanaian actor remakes Becca, Yaa Jackson, Poloo, others' luxury outfits in bizarre photos
However, some of these decisions may not always produce consequences that are in the interest of the individual and one may not always have the opportunity to do better, especially at old age.
As we grow up, there would surely be a time that one would wish they had done things better.
There are opportunities that one would wish they took seriously when they came their way but it would have been past and gone.
Notable Ghanaian playwright Uncle Ebo Whyte lists twenty things people are likely to regret doing in their lives.
1. Sending nudes.
2. You’ll regret not being loyal to who is used by God to raise you up.
3. Not taking education seriously.
4. You’ll regret not seeking God early and not getting deeper with God.
5. You’ll regret allowing people to push you around.
6. You’ll regret not being humble and not being patient with people.
7. You’ll regret not overcoming your anger.
8. You’ll regret not keeping your sexual desires under control.
9. You’ll regret not pursuing your passion in life.
10. You’ll regret not taking time management seriously.
11. You’ll regret not learning as many languages as you can.
12. You’ll regret not nurturing your primary relationships.
13. You’ll regret not forgiving yourself and forgiving others.
14. You’ll regret not reading enough.
15. You’ll regret not cultivating a savings culture.
16. You’ll regret not being nice to people.
17. You’ll regret being too timid in life.
18. You’ll regret not learning to, express yourself well.
19. You’ll regret postponing living.
20. You’ll regret not valuing yourself
In other stories, YEN.com.gh reported fifty-nine inmates of the Nsawam medium-security prisons have had their matriculation ceremony at the Nsawam Prisons to study as distant students of the University of Cape Coast (UCC).
This comes after the College of Distance Education (CoDE) at the University of Cape Coast introduced new programmes through its CoDE initiative to benefit prison inmates in the country.
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that 59 inmates at the Nsawam Prison had been enrolled in the University of Cape Coast (UCC) to study various diploma programmes. Vice-Chancellor of UCC, Dr Joseph Ampiah swore in the new students with an oath of allegiance at the matriculation ceremony.
READ ALSO: Akolobila: 100-year-old man suffering from asthma released from jail
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.