President Nana Adda Dankwa Akufo-Addo has confirmed that some parts of the country would be on lockdown to control the spread of the Coronavirus.
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
According to Akufo-Addo, certain parts of Accra, Kumasi, Kasoa, and Tema will be on lockdown for the next two weeks.
Speaking in a Facebook live session in his fourth coronavirus address to the nation, the President made this known on Friday evening, March 27, 2020.
He, however, indicated that individuals who lived in the areas indicated as hotspots were to stay at home.
The president was quick to add that all individuals and institutions providing some essential services were restricted from such a directive.
YEN.com.gh has however compiled a list of all institutions that would still be operation in these not so normal times.
1. Member of the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary
2. Pharmaceutical companies
3. Producers, distributors, and marketers of food, beverages, medicine, paper, packages, and plastic pakages
4. Environmental and Sanitation workers
6. Mine workers
7. Staff of Valco, ECG, Water company, Fuel stations
8. E-commerce (Banks)
9. Telecommunications (MTN, Airtel-Tigo, Vodafone, Telecommunications Chamber, National Communications Authority)
10. Road and railway construction workers
11. Security Services (Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Immigration)
12. Public and private commercial transport service (ubers, trotro and taxis)
13.Air traffic civil aviation control services
14. Meteorological services
15. Health and hospital services
Meanwhile, the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), James Oppong Boanuh, has cancelled a preparational order for a possible lockdown.
According to a report by theghanareport.com the IGP in an internal memo directed the operation order be withdrawn with immediate effect.
YEN.com.gh earlier carried a report on a restricted document which was only dated as March 2020 titled “Deployment Strategy for lockdown of Accra, Tema, Kumasi and Obuasi.”
It is believed to be a strategy drafted by the police service to various commanders to prepare all personnel for deployment in case there is a full or partial lockdown.
Only God can save Ghana from the Coronavirus outbreak - Pastor declares | #Yencomgh
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.