- A burial service has been held for the late mother of former President J.J. Rawlings, Victoria Agbotui
- The burial service held at the forecourt of the State House saw many dignitaries coming to pay their last respects
- President Nana Akufo-Addo, Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, NDC running mate Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang, among others were present
- Here are some of the videos all the dignitaries who came to mourn with Rawlings and his family at the burial ceremony
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Install our latest app for Android and read the best news about Ghana
The mortal remains of the late Madam Victoria Agbotui, the mother of former President Jerry John Rawlings, are currently on the way for burial.
Madam Agbotui will be buried at her hometown of Dzelukope in the Keta area of the Volta region.
Ahead of the burial and final funeral rites, a non-denominational burial service was held at the forecourt of the State House in Accra on Saturday, October 24, 2020.
As earlier reported by YEN.com.gh, the burial service was an atmosphere of sadness as the former president and his family and arrived for the ceremony.
Following our report, more videos from the burial service have dropped online. The videos show the arrival of many dignitaries including President Nana Akufo-Addo and Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia.
Others include NDC's vice-presidential candidate, Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang, North Tongu MP Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa, among others.
YEN.com.gh brings some more videos from the burial service of Rawlings mother.
1. President Nana Akufo-Addo arrives and files past the casket of Madam Agbotui to pay his last respect:
2. President Akufo-Addo and his wife, Rebecca, exchange pleasantries with former President Rawlings and his wife, Nana Konadu:
3. Vice President Dr Mahamudu Bawumia arrives and moves straight to file past the casket:
4. NDC's running mate, Professor Jane Naana Opoku Agyemang, arrives in the company of North Tongu MP Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa:
5. Rawlings, his wife, children, and other family members file past the casket of Madam Agbotui to pay their respects:
6. Daughter of Archbishop Nicholas Duncan Williams, Elsie, performs at the burial service:
7. Soldiers march to close the casket after mourners finished paying their respects:
The mother of Rawlings passed away on Thursday, September 25, 2020.
Madam Agbotui passed away just two weeks after celebrating her birthday. Born in 1919, she turned 101 years old on Wednesday, on September 9, 2020.
Have national and human interest issues to discuss? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition?
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page