Twitch has so much video content that a user may want to save a video to watch offline or use it later. But the new interface on the platform introduced around 2018 removed the option for downloading videos and clips. The download option is only available if you made the video yourself. If you want to get other people’s streams as a new user, downloading them may be challenging. However, you still have many ways to download Twitch clips to your computer or phone.
Understand that you cannot download Twitch clips to your phone if the content owner did not archive them. In other words, Twitch streamers have to enable the option for the streaming platform to save their videos. Twitch then limits the number of days it can save a video, ranging from 14 days to 60 days. The only exception is for a feature called Highlights, which are longer videos that can stay on the platform forever. But how do you download Twitch clips? Here are some options for you.
How to download Twitch clips
Before you can download the videos you broadcasted, you first need to ensure that you enable the option to archive your streams. Also, you have to log in to your account to get the clip. Once done:
- Click on the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the Twitch website.
- You will see a Settings option. Click on it.
- After clicking Settings, a new window will appear on the screen.
- Click on Channel & Video.
- Find Channel Settings.
- Under the Channel Settings window, you will see the option - Automatically archive my broadcasts.
Mark the feature to start streaming and allow Twitch to save your broadcasts. Your videos will be available under Video Manager. To download your video:
- Log in to your Twitch account.
- Click on your channel name.
- You will see a drop-down menu.
- Under the drop-down menu, select Video Manager.
- A list of your archived broadcasts will appear.
- Choose the broadcast you want to download.
- Click on the Download button.
Depending on the video size, give it time to complete downloading and allow you to save clips from Twitch.
How to download Twitch videos using a video downloader
You can download video on your mobile or computer by using a Twitch clip downloader. It is a software programme or website that pulls videos from Twitch, converts them to a downloadable video format, and allows you to save or download them to your local device. An excellent example of a site you can use is Clipr. Here is how to use it to get Twitch videos.
- Open the Twitch clip you want to download.
- Copy the URL of the video.
- Open a new window and go to clipr.xyz.
- Paste the URL under the space provided.
- Click on Download.
You will have to wait until Clipr converts your video and gives you a download link. Your next step will be to download the video and save it to your phone or computer.
Understand that Clipr is not the only service you can use to download Twitch videos. Others include:
Alternatively, you can use a software programme to download videos. The best software applications to use are Twitch Leecher for Windows or Twitch VOD downloader for Mac computers. In this case, you will have to install the programmes on your computer.
Once you run them, you will have to paste the Twitch video link to the application. The software will fetch the file from the streaming platform and make it easy for you to download.
How to use Inspect Element Q to download Twitch videos
Another option to download clips from Twitch is to use Inspect Element Q on your browser. Here is how it works:
- Open the video you want to download from Twitch.
- Select a resolution that works best for you. You can choose a resolution by clicking on the Settings icon. The option is on the bottom right of the Twitch video player.
- After selecting a resolution, pause the video.
- Right-click on the video.
- Select Inspect or Inspect Element Q, depending on the type of browser you are using.
- Scroll up until you come across the line clips-media-assets2. The line should end with .mp4. Alternatively, search for .mp4 with the Inspect Element Q window.
- Copy the entire link, starting with https and ending with .mp4.
- Open a new browser window.
- Paste the code and hit Enter.
As the page loads, it will trigger the video to start downloading automatically. Go to your download folder to find the video.
- Open the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video player.
- Select Inspect Element Q or Inspect.
- Locate the line “player-overlay”.
- Select the text and delete it.
- Go back to the video player.
- Right-click the player and select Save Video As.
Your video should start downloading.
How to use an ad blocker to download Twitch videos
You can also use an ad blocker to download Twitch vods. The best extension to use for your browser is Adblock Plus. Here are the steps:
- Go to the Settings page of your ad blocker. You can get to it by clicking on the extension logo in the top right corner.
- Choose Options or Settings.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Find My Filter List.
- Click on the button labelled - Start writing my filter list.
- Create custom filters for two links at Twitch. Alternatively, copy and paste clips.twitch.tv##.player-overlay and player.twitch.tv##.player-overlay into the filters editor of your ad blocker.
- Click on the Save button.
- Go back to Twitch and refresh the page with the clip you want to download.
- Right-click on the clip in the video player.
- Click on Save Video As.
- Your video will start to download.
With the ad-block setting, it will allow you to download any Twitch video to your local storage as an mp4 file. The videos will be in excellent resolution, which will make them ideal for uploading, editing, and playing on your preferred device.
How to download Twitch videos on iPhone
If you are using an iPhone, you can use the VLC app to download Twitch videos. While VLC is a media player, it is also an excellent tool for saving online audio and video streams. Some of its features allow you to download online videos. Any video that plays in a browser can play in the VLC Media player. Furthermore, you can download the playable files to your mobile device. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download and install the VLC app from the App Store.
- Open the Twitch clip you want to download and copy the URL.
- Open the VLC app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the top left corner with the VLC logo.
- You will see a menu.
- Scroll down and tap on the Downloads option.
- Paste the Twitch link in the upper address bar.
Your video will begin to download.
Twitch does not have the option to download videos directly from the website. However, you can download Twitch clips using different methods. The first method involves the use of third-party software or website. Examples include Clipr, Fetchfile.net, Twitch Leecher for Windows, and Twitch VOD downloader for Mac computers. Secondly, you can get vods by using Inspect Element Q on your browser. If you are a broadcaster on Twitch, you can get your full videos directly from the platform.
Yen.com.gh recently provided a straightforward guide on how movies enthusiasts can download films using YIFY movies torrent downloader. The procedure is relatively easy, and favorable for both Android and PC users.
It has also been made clear that you can download as many movies as possible safely and at no cost. Also, the movies are free from viruses or malware. Therefore, the files in your gadget will not be corrupted.