- Manchester City have been ranked as the team to emerge winners for this season's Champions League competition
- Paris Saint-Germain who signed Lionel Messi recently were placed 10th in the stunning list of all the 32 teams
- Chelsea who are the reigning champions occupy third position on the list of teams favourites for the Champions League title
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Manchester City who are the reigning champions of England have been ranked as the favourites to win this season's Champions League title following the completion of the draw on Thursday, August 26.
In the draw made by UEFA, Manchester City who got to the final of the Champions League last season were drawn in Group A and they will face Paris Saint-Germain, Club Brugge and Leipzig for a chance to reach the knockout stages.
Chelsea who are the reigning champions of the competition are in Group H and they will face Juventus, Zenith and Malmo in what is regarded as a tough group.
According to the report on GMS who claimed that data gurus came up with their prediction for the Champions League, Paris Saint-Germain were not favourites despite recently signing Messi.
Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel for more!
Last two seasons, Paris Saint-Germain got to the final of the Champions League, but they were defeated by Bayern Munich who ended up winning treble in a season.
See how the teams were ranked below
1. Manchester City with 16 percent
2. Bayern Munich with 11 percent
3. Chelsea with 10 percent
4. Liverpool with 9 percent
5. Barcelona with 8 percent
6. Real Madrid with 6 percent
7. Manchester United with 5 percent
8. Ajax with 5 percent
9. Leipzig with 4 percent
10. Paris Saint-Germain with 4 percent
The Blues will also take on Zenith St. Petersburg as well as Malmo, the most successful football team in Sweden in the preliminary stages.
UEFA organised the Champions League draws on Thursday evening, August 26, and there are exciting groups already.
Lionel Messi and his Paris Saint-Germain teammates will take on Premier League winners Manchester City in Group A clash together with Leipzig and Club Brugge.
According to the rules, teams from the same country cannot be drawn together, and the draw was blatantly fixed to favour that lot.
In Group E, Barcelona were drawn alongside Bayern Munich and the Catalan giants will do everyting to prevent their 8-2 humiliation in the hands of the Bavarians last year.