- Captain Smart has lamented the high salaries top officials in government take
- The anti-corruption campaigner believes these top officials never deserve these salaries
- The BoG governor, according to Captain Smart's list, is the highest paid official
The morning show host of Adom FM, Captain Smart, has listed the salaries and allowances of top government officials in Ghana.
Captain Smart, known best for his fight against corruption, has decried the deteriorating state of affairs in Ghana despite the huge salaries and allowances that the very leaders appointed to work are taking home every month.
"Ghana is heading towards a financial reckoning because of exorbitant privileges. There are too many public employees doing little work and getting crazy salaries and benefits at the expense of the taxpayer," Captain Smart wrote.
READ ALSO: Viral video of Akufo-Addo's bodyguard 'punching' man to the ground causes stir on social media
The anti-corruption fighter does not believe top public officials must be paid such high salaries when in fact their output and productivity at work is appalling.
"This is not a knock against public service individuals but this is a knock against the system that employs them," he revealed.
Below is the full list of salaries Captain Smart listed:
1. Governor of the Bank of Ghana - GHC 124,100
This amount is the highest salary that any government appointee takes home on a monthly basis. Dr. Ernest Addison is the man who supervises the entire banking sector in Ghana today.
He was behind the merger of five struggling local banks in Ghana today. Dr. Ernest Addison has been praised for bringing some sanity in the banking sector.
2. Boss of the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) - GHC 102,102
The commissioner general of the GRA, Kofi Nti, is the second highest paid government official in Ghana today. His duty is with revenue generation. He makes sure taxes are paid across the country.
The GRA in 2017 alone was able to collect 32 billion Ghana Cedis as against a target of about 33 billion Ghana Cedis, representing 97 percent.
3. SSNIT Boss - GHC 88, 606
Dr. John Ofori- Tenkorang is the director general for the Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT). His duty is to oversee the insurance of Ghanaian workers ahead of retirement.
4. COCOBOD Boss - GHC 75, 102
Joseph Boahen Aidoo is the chief executive officer of COCOBOD. His task is to ensure that Ghana remains the leading exporter of cocoa in the world. As it stands now, Ivory Coast is the leading country with Ghana being the second.
With a target of 1 million metric tonnes of cocoa a year, Joseph Boahen Aidoo is in no doubt encumbered with many responsibilities.
Here are the other salaries of other powerful government officials as revealed by Captain Smart:
5.Agriculture Development Bank (ADB) Boss - GHC 69, 707
6. National Investment Bank Boss - GHC 66, 666
7. Bulk Oil Storage and Distribution (BOST) boss - GHC 74, 203.19
8. Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB) Boss - GHC 59, 203.19
9. Tema Oil Refinery (TOR) Boss - 58, 203.91
10. Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) boss - GHC 66, 909.76
11. Bureau of National Investigations (NIC) Boss - GHC 67, 909.66
12. VRA BOSS - GHC 79, 997
13. ECG BOSS - GHC 69, 909
14. GBC BOSS - GHC 49, 999. 69
15. DVLA BOSS - GHC 52, 303. 24
16. National Security Boss - GHC 79, 990. 10
17. Buffer Stock boss - GHC 39, 999.99
18. National Service Boss - GHC 47, 770
21. GOIL MD - GHC 59, 777.12
Captain Smart insists he has never in his live been involved in anything corrupt and has no intentions of engaging in any kind of corrupt act in future.
In a Facebook live video streaming, he accused politicians of talking too much wondering why his name has not popped up if he indeed he has been corrupted or stooped so low to be bribed by any of them.
READ ALSO: Police brutality: Madam Sarfo smiles like a queen as she inspects her new two bedroom house in new video
According to him, he has not duped anyone and will not; mentioning a number of private companies he owns which he makes a lot of money from.
Ghana News 2018: John Mahama’s Salary - Why Is Everyone Talking About It? | Yen.com.gh:
Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook or Instagram now!