Started in 1974, Christian Service University College (CSUC) is one of the leading universities found in Ghana’s second largest city, Kumasi. It is accredited by two leading accreditation bodies; the National Accreditation Board of Ghana and the Accrediting Council for Theological Education in Africa. With the focus to be a first-class evangelical Christian university, CSUC is affiliated to the Council for Christian Universities and Colleges and the University of Ghana.
Below are the Christian Service University College fees according to the programs offered and the entry requirements for each of them. Before that, here is a brief history of how the University started.
CSUC brief history
There are two visions that led to the development of Christian Service University College. First, there was a team of Ghanaian Christians who had the vision to start an interdenominational, high academic standard evangelical institution. The major aim for this vision was to train all-round men and women under the Christian ministry. The other side of the merger was made up of emigrant missionaries who also had a desire to produce workers from the already thriving church in southern Ghana covering northern Ghana and the nearby countries that did not have well-established churches.
During the 1960s and 70s, the evangelical Christianity in Ghana was characterized by collaboration and intimate interaction that sought to exterminate denominational, group and mission distinctions. On the other hand, the Worldwide Evangelization for Christ under the second group had a property with four residential houses and a radio station. They were also planning to put up a large building for the new college. When the two groups met, they agreed to merge their visions, and groundbreaking residential classes started in 1974 where the college continued to grow until it is now a large Evangelical Christian College.
Programmes offered at Christian Service University College
There is a broad range of programmes offered at Christian Service University College as shown in the list below:
- Certificate in Biblical Studies (two years, part-time)
- Certificate in Institutional Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Theology
- Bachelor in Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Purchase & Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Communication Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
- Master of Science in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry with Management
- Master of Science in Accounting and Finance
CSUC programmes for weekend studies
The following are Christian Service University College programs for students wishing to study part-time during the weekend:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Communication Studies for Public Relations option
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Human Resource
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Purchasing & Supply Chain Management
Christian Service University College fees structure per school
The fees structure of Christian Service University College differs according to the course offered. For the academic year 2018/2019, each student is required to follow the fees Christian Service University College schedule as shown on this fees structure.
Other charges payable once
- Medical examination – Ghc45
- University Cloth – Ghc60
- Student identity card – Ghc10
- Result verification – Ghc30
- All students should make their payment at any Societe General Bank Branch
- Fresh and continuing students must pay 50 percent of their specified fees on or before the day of registration
- Students who cannot register within the set period shall pay Ghc25.00 as a penalty every other day once the registration has been closed up to a maximum of Ghc125.00. If they go beyond the penalty period, the students will be asked to defer their programme.
- Bank payment slip should be presented at the Finance Office’s Accounts Receivable Unit or send a scanned copy to email@example.com
Other annual compulsory charges
- Clinical affiliations – Ghc200 (Bsc Nursing – L 400)
- Departmental magazine – Ghc15 (BA Communication Studies – All Freshers)
- Academic field trip – Ghc200 (BSc Computer Science – L 300) Ghc150 (BA Planning & Social Development – L 300 & 400)
International Students (Freshers)
Below is Christian Service University College fees structure 2018/2019 for international students:
CSUC fee structure for continuing international students
Continuing international students enrolled for Christian Service University College programs are required to pay their fees as follows:
One-off payments for international students
There are other charges for all international students at Christian Service University College regardless of their course of study. These charges are paid once as shown below:
- Verification of result - $9
- Medical examination - $13
- Student ID card - $3
- Stay permit/Non-citizenship card - $180
- University cloth - $17
Additional information for international students
International students have equal opportunities to pursue the courses offered at Christian Service University College as do the Ghanaian students. The additional information for international students is similar to that of Ghanaian students when it comes to fee payment except for the late registration penalty.
The payments are made at any Societe Generale Bank Branch where continuing and fresh students must pay 50 percent of their fees on or before the date for registration.
Students who cannot register within the stated period will be required to pay $7.14 as a penalty for every other day after the registration day has passed up to a maximum of $36. After this period, the students may be required to defer their programme.
Other annual compulsory charges for CSUC international students
- Clinical affiliations - $57 (Bsc Nursing – L 400)
- Magazine for the department - $4.3 (BA Communication Studies – All freshers)
- Academic field trip - $49 (BA Planning and Social Development – L 300 & 400)
- School of graduate studies
Ghanaian students – Fees for 1st semester only
Ghanaian graduate students are charged per semester as follows:
Other charges payable once for CSUC graduate students
Graduate students pursuing various courses will be required to pay the following amounts once they have received CSUC admission letters.
- University cloth – Ghc60
- Medical examination – Ghc45
- Student ID card – Ghc10
The above are one-off payments and are applicable for Ghanaian graduate students. This guide also includes Christian Service University College payments for international graduate students but before that, here is additional information for Ghanaian graduate students.
Students must pay 50 percent of their fees on or before the registration period ends. They should also make the payments at any of the Societe Generale Bank Branch.
They then have to present the bank deposit slips at the Finance Office’s Accounts Receivable Unit or send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who register late shall pay a penalty of Ghc.25.00 for every other day past the close of registration period up to a maximum of Ghc.125.00. Students who fail to comply with requirement are requested to defer their programs.
Furthermore, students who cannot complete their course within one Academic Year are required to pay as follows:
- MSc. Accounting and Finance – Ghc.2100 for the extra third semester
- MSc Project Monitoring &: Evaluation – Ghc.1950 for the additional semester
- MA in Christian Ministry with Administration – Ghc.1392 the additional semester
- Final year students doing their project work will have to pay Ghc.400 each.
International graduate students’ fees for the first semester
International graduate students are required to pay their Christian Service University College fees as shown in the table below:
Other charges for international graduate students include the following:
- $180 for stay permit or non-citizenship card
- $17 for university cloth
- $13 for medical examination
- $3 for student ID card
Additional information for international graduate students
Like the Ghanaian colleagues, international graduate students should pay 50 percent of the fees latest on the registration date. They should deposit the fees at any Societe Generate Bank Branch. The bank pay-in-slips are presented at the Finance Office’s Accounts Receivable Unit or scanned copies sent to email@example.com.
Students who register after the stipulated period incur a penalty of $7.1 for every other day after registration date close up to a maximum of $36. Those who extend beyond the penalty period are asked to defer their programme.
Similar to the case of Ghanaian graduate students, international graduate students who cannot complete their programme due to various reasons within one Academic Year will be required to pay as shown below:
- MA in Christian Ministry with Administration for the third semester - $398
- MSc Project Monitoring and Evaluation for the third semester - $557
- MSc Accounting and Finance for the third semester - $600
- Final year students must pay $114 each for their project work.
Christian Service University College hostel fees
The fees structures for various schools and courses shown above are exclusive of hostel fees. Students who wish to reside at the university’s hostels, therefore, are required to pay their rent as stated by CSUC executive tenancy agreement. According to the agreement, students are required to pay at least 60 percent of Christian Service University College hostel fees for the academic year in advanced as advertised payment schedule. They can then pay the balance at the beginning of the second semester.
Additionally, resident students must pay Ghc50.00 as security towards their liability, and the amount will be held by the landlord. This amount is, however, repayable at the end of the agreement after subtracting the sum that may be due to the landlord as a result of any breach of the resident student’s breach of the obligations.
Christian Service University College places students in an environment that is academically stimulating, socially fulfilling and spiritually enriching. This is an innovative and comprehensive approach towards research and education that helps contribute to the students’ future success and inspire them to reach their full potential as technology and savvy entrepreneurial leaders. With an invitation to all potential students to join, CSUC offers scholarships to students with aggregate 12 or above.
When seeking to apply for a programme at CSUC, potential students have to obtain serial number and pin by purchasing an E-voucher. The vouchers go for Ghc80.00 in the case of undergraduates and Ghc180.00 for postgraduates. International applicants can buy the e-voucher online using VISA card or MTN mobile money at the cost of US$80 for undergraduates and US$180 for postgraduates. Ghanaian applicants can pay for Christian Service University College admission forms at any of the banks below:
- Fidelity Bank
- Ecobank Ghana
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- HFC Bank
- First Capital Plus Bank
- Universal Merchant Bank
- Agric Development Bank
Christian Service University College admission forms for 2018/2019
Christian Service University College admission forms 2018/2019 can be purchased using E-voucher. Ghanaians students who can use this strategy include applicants who fall in the following categories:
- Higher national diploma holders
- Diploma applicants
- WSSCE/SSSCE applicants
After completing the online application, all applicants must present the documents listed below via the address provided:
- Where applicable, two certified original copies of higher national diploma or diploma transcripts
- Two certified copies of SSSCE/WASSCE result slip copies where applicable
- Two certified copies of ‘A’ and ‘O’ level result slips or certificates
- Printout copy for online admission
These documents must be sent using DHL, UPS, FEDEX or EMS courier services to the following address of Christian Service University College:
Christian Service University College
P.O. Box 3110,
Applicants can also contact the University by calling any of the following phone numbers:
As stated in Christian Service University College mission statement, the institution focuses on promoting knowledge by training men and women in Christian principles and values, professional and academic excellence who can then transform the society. While this guide has provided the latest Christian Service University College fees structure, it is vital for new and continuing students to visit the university’s premises to confirm the fees as this is subject to change, from time to time.
- UGRC registration system guide
- Valley View University admissions 2018-2019
- University of Education Winneba Sandwich Fees 2017