University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA) is an emerging institution of higher learning in Ghana. It is located in East Legon region in Ghana. As a public institution of higher learning, it offers academic as well as professional business training. UPSA student portal is a new incorporation in the school website to help in the day to day running of the school with ease.
The university was recently established but has grown at a fast rate. It is gradually taking the lead in business and social sciences training. It was established in 1965 to offer professional business education on private basis. The government took over in 1978 and named it Institute of Professional Studies. Later in 1999, UPSA expanded to offer professional education in other disciplines such as management and accountancy just to mention but a few.
History of the school
The institution received its University Charter in the year 2008 and thereafter changed its name to the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA). This was in line with the 2012 (ACT 850), Accreditation Council Business Schools Practice accredited the institution.
The mission of the institution is to offer and foster professional education in business and disciplines in social sciences. It provides several scholarships as well.
To ensure the uniqueness of the institution’s students, UPSA focuses on research, community service, teaching, learning, skills training as well as business development.
UPSA academic courses and programmes
UPSA is known for its fancied departments and faculties as well as the research and the graduate school that was established in 2009. UPSA stands out because of the fact that it is the first institution to hold the Total Quality Management masters programme as well as being the first institution of higher learning to offer Masters Programme in Auditing.
The establishment of the faculty of law to provide legal education is another breakthrough. Below are the courses offered at UPSA at different levels.
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Accounting
- Diploma in Public Relations Management
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of science Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of science Accounting
- Bachelor of science Marketing
- Bachelor of science Business Economics
- Bachelor of science Actuarial Science
- Bachelor science Real Estate Management and Finance
- Bachelor science information Technology Management
- Bachelor of science Public Relations Management
- Bachelor of Law – 4 year (LLB)
- Post First Degree Bachelor of Laws – 3 year (LLB)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants, Ghana (ICAG)
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Postgraduate masters programmes
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing
- Master of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance
- Master of Business Administration in Petroleum Accounting
- Master of Business Administration in Auditing
- Master of Business Administration in Corporate Governance
- Master of Business Administration in Total Quality Management
- Master of science in Leadership
- Master of Philosophy in Finance
- Master of Philosophy in Leadership
All qualified applicants are invited to apply at UPSA for admission in the disciplines of their choice. This applies for diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Applicants are advised to check the programmes offered before applying because changing the programme after submitting the application is impossible.
Applicants can submit their application online for admissions through the student admissions portal. UPSA admission list of students can be accessed from the website of the institution.
For more information concerning the admission to UPSA Ghana, applicants can visit admissions office at Seidu Mustapha Wing room 7 or you can use the telephone number : 0303 937542 / 0303 937544 or send an email to the institution through email@example.com.
UPSA student portal
UPSA has gone ahead to create a student portal. Here, students can easily access any information as far as their academics is concerned. Students start by creating their account through the student portal website where they provide personal details of admission to the institution.
Anytime the student wishes to log in to the student portal, they are required to provide the Student ID and the Password and they will be signed in.
UPSA requires that students pay the fees stipulated in the published fees schedule before commencement of an academic year. The tuition fee, residential charges and various other charges comprise the approved fees.
Few things to note concerning UPSA fees is a follows:
- Fees does not increase once the student is enrolled on the academic programme
- The academic year fee is to be paid in two installments that comprise 50% at the start of the first semester and the other 50% completed in the beginning of the second semester
- A suspended student does not qualify to be refunded fees and this is outlined in the handbook.
- Approved fees for the academic year are always available on the student portal hence accessible once you log in.
The Intergrated Tertiary Management System – icampus is considered a website informer and can be accessed through the official link. UPSA icampus portal is used by both the students and the staff. To sign in to UPSA icampus, the students use the student ID and the staff use their staff ID number to be authenticated.
UPSA Ghana is fast-rising and taking the forefront in offering professional training in various fields of choice. Admissions at UPSA Ghana is open to whoever wishes to undertake these professional courses.
For more information concerning UPSA, you can use the contact information provided below:
- Postal address: P.O Box LG 149, Accra – Ghana
- Telephone number: +233 302 500 171, +233 302 500 722, +233 302 500 723
- Fax number: +233 302 501174
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
UPSA student portal makes life easily for UPSA students and workers. Most of the services linked to the school can be accessed through it. Register today to enjoy excellent services.