KNUST portal: login, registration, admission
Have you been considering applying to Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology or register but you do not know how to navigate through the KNUST portal? With the right guide and tips, this can be done without much hustle.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is known to be the largest public university that sits in Kumasi, Ashanti Region. Apart from that, it has a track record of excellence and a conducive learning environment for students, which are part of the reasons why many strive to learn at the institution. Here is everything you need to know about login, registration, and admission.
KNUST portal login
While trying to simplify things for both students and staff of the university, the management has done so well in ensuring that Knust portal access lecturers is made possible. The portal is accessible to students, staff, and prospective students.
READ ALSO: KNUST online registration: Students application, courses and admission deadlines
If you are an already admitted student or prospective student, depending on your status, from the portal, you can check your result. Also, you can find out the current state of your admission (if you are just applying), pay school fees and do a host of other things related to the academic activities in the school. However, before you can carry out any activity on the university's portal, you will be required to:
- Log on to the official KNUST portal
- Once you are on the KNUST portal student page, provide your username, unique password and also identification number.
- After you have accurately entered that information, click 'sign in' button.
KNUST portal admission
You can start processing your application as a prospective student on this portal. The application is open to both local and foreign students. Once you have registered, you can check the admission list, your status, and other information via the KNUST admission portal.
How do I apply for KNUST online?
The procedures for the application using the institution's portal registration is explained below:
- Visit the official portal of the institution.
- Once you are there, click the option that has 'Prospective Student' and you will be redirected.
- Click on the 'apply online' button and another page will open.
- After it has opened, you would be required to fill in your details, which are your login ID and PIN. Then, press the 'login' button.
However, if you are an international student, you would be required to generate a login detail. To do that, here are a few steps that you would be required to follow:
- When you are on the official page of the Institution, click the 'Generate Login' option, and you will be redirected.
- Once the new page opens up, you will be required to give a functional email address. Also, you need to choose the category of admission that you are applying for, which could either be PhD or undergraduate.
- After you have correctly entered the necessary information, click on 'Generate Login' button. Your Login ID and PIN would be displayed on your screen and also sent to your email.
- Go back to the home page and click on 'Prospective Student', then, continue with the process.
READ ALSO: Knust distance learning courses in Ghana
How do I check my KNUST admission status?
If you have applied to the university, the next question that most likely would be on your mind is how to check your admission status. Therefore, to know whether you are part of the shortlisted candidates or not, you should follow the steps below:
- To access the KNUST portal admission list, visit the official website.
- From there, select Prospective Students and click Go
- Choose the "Login" option.
- On the next page that opens up, fill in your credentials which are your login ID and PIN. After correctly inputting the details, press the "Log in" button.
KNUST portal result checker
If you are a learner at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the best way to access the KNUST portal online results is by checking through the institution's Academic Information Manager (AIM).
The Academic Information Manager (AIM) is a mobile app that students of the institution can benefit from immensely. As a mobile companion of the online student portal, the app makes it easy for students to not only check their result for previous and current semesters but also register for semester courses. Besides, students can chat with their course mates and also get notified on important information from the institution's management.
Interestingly also, the mobile app has the KNUST portal fees, which makes paying school fees easy for students. By implication, the stress of having the need to take transport to and queue in banks have been eliminated.
KNUST portal registration
The KNUST online registration portal is meant for both the newly-admitted and old students of the university. This enables them to register their courses online. Before you can do the registration online, you must do the following things:
- Clear yourself at the Accounts Office, where you will be given a registration slip that contains both your ID and password. This slip will also be used for subsequent registration throughout your stay in school.
- Ensure to verify your biometrics at the designated biometric venues on the school campus.
- Then, you can visit the official portal of the institution to carry out your registration process.
Steps for doing the KNUST online registration
- You use your ID and password to log in once you are on the official website.
- Then, complete your details as required. For all old students, you can also update your details.
- You can select online registration for the semester at the options page. Then, proceed to the course registration.
- After that, click the button at the top-left to register your courses both tailed and core courses will be chosen automatically.
- Finally, click "save and print registration slip" to complete the registration process. Once that is done, you will be automatically logged out of the website.
KNUST portal is a website that any student, prospective or old, should make use of regularly. It is easy and safe to use. Also, it makes all academic-related activities of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology very easy to embark on without struggle and from the comfort of their homes.
READ ALSO: Ghana School of Law fees, address, application