Nana Akufo-Addo is the current President of Ghana. He has been in office since 7 January 2017. He previously served as attorney general, and Minister for Foreign Affairs under the Kufuor led administration. Are you conversant with Nana Akufo-Addo quotes?
The president has been kind enough to offer words of wisdom not only to his countrymen but to the world as a whole. Here is a list of some of the best Nana Akufo-Addo's quotes.
Nana Addo quotes
- You have to respect unreservedly, the authority of the coach, and the authority of the captain. That is basic rules, non-negotiable rules. If you don't do it, everybody will be going their separate ways. If you do that, you cement the teamwork, and you will become a cohesive forceful force.
- I will protect the public purse. We will provide vision and direction.
- It is time to make sure that there is a separation of powers in our arms of government.
- I ask you to be citizens, not spectators: citizens, not subjects.
- I will not let the people of Ghana down.
- It is time to define what being a Ghanaian ought to mean. Being a Ghanaian must mean you sign up to a definable code of conduct.
- The change we have voted for has to start with each individual. I ask you to be responsible citizens.
- I see exciting times ahead, the rule of law will be the underlining tenet of our governance.
- As we seek to move our country to a situation beyond aid, I urge all Ghanaians to be true champions of a law-based state whose establishments are solid enough to sanction effectively vigilantism, bank frauds, cyber frauds, illegal mining, identity thefts, stealing of public funds, bribery and corruption, criminal cartels and criminal behaviour in general, including assault on and by law enforcement officers.
- I shall protect the public purse by insisting on value for money in all transactions.
- We should learn and accept that we do not own the land, but hold in trust for future generations.
- After 60 years of independence, we no longer have any excuse for being poor.
READ ALSO: Trust messages for her
President Nana Akufo-Addo quotes 2020
- A responsible government is required to look at all the implications before decisions are made. And that is the exercise we are currently engaged in, and I am hoping that much sooner than later, we will agree on what those measures are and the Ghanaian people will be informed.
- We must eat what we grow to motivate our farmers and support the development of the local food industry. Indeed, Rebecca, my beautiful wife, our First Lady, insists that we eat local rice at home, and has made sure of it. I call on all Ghanaians to follow my example and eat local rice.
- Stay true to your principles. I think there are two types of people in this world. Those who walk to the sound of other people’s drums and those who walk to the sound of their drums. I much prefer those who walk to the sound of their drums. So listen to yourself and make sure that the decisions that you are going to make are decisions that are in consonance with your understanding of what is best for Ghana football.
- I have great confidence in the Ghanaian sense of enterprise, creativity, innovation, and hard work. I believe firmly that given an enabling atmosphere, the sky is the limit for us.
- The new Ghana is Ghana beyond aid.
- I was not elected by the overwhelming majority of the Ghanaian people to complain; I was elected to get things done.
- I am in a great hurry to deal with the problems we face as a country.
- I will not allow this economy to collapse under my watch.
- I am in an excellent position of being the first Ghanaian leader to be able to draw some experience from the three living former presidents.
- Just as technology offers opportunities to grow our economies and bring progress to our people, there are criminal syndicates who will always be bent on exploiting it for their selfish interests. They have to be relentlessly fought.
- My administration believes that it is time to build the bridge across the Atlantic with our kith and kin both in the Americas and the Caribbean. We have to find the measures and the mechanisms to enable us to reach out across the Atlantic to solidify and build on that relationship.
Nana Akufo-Addo quotes on coronavirus
- I assure you that we know what to do to bring our economy back to life. What we do not know how to do is to bring people back to life. We will, therefore, protect people’s lives, then their livelihoods.
- There is no one-size-fits-all approach to this pandemic. We have a unique situation in our country, and we must take it into account in dealing with the disease while meeting all the six (6) key WHO guidelines on the most effective ways of combating the pandemic.
- This is not the time for politicking or the display of partisanship. The virus does not care which party you belong to, neither is it, as we have seen, a respecter of persons. The enemy is the virus and not each other.
- We are in this together, and the government will stand by you. We are aware that there will be discomfort and difficulties for all of us over the next couple of weeks.
President Nana Akufo-Addo campaign quotes
- Let us all remember that the destiny of all black people no matter where they are in the world is bound up with Africa. We must help make Africa the place for investment, progress, and prosperity and not from where our youth flee in the hope of accessing the mirage of a better life in Europe or the Americas.
- Our political opponents went as far as making unfortunate statements such as 'the drones will be used to take pictures of women bathing in the villages. Today, we can all see how impactful this service has been, just within the past five months of its operations.
- I ask you to be citizens: citizens, not spectators; citizens, not subjects; responsible citizens building your communities and our nation. Let us work until the work is done
- I came to the presidency as an older man, so I know about what it takes to wait for office. You are a young man, plenty of time ahead for you. We pray for long life for you and health and that you commit yourself like you have done through your spokesperson today, to reconciliation in Dagbon.
- There are sections of the Ghanaian community that have attempted to stigmatize you and the Commission as being inefficient, incapable of being able to run this institution efficiently, and all of that. It's going to be a big test for you to disprove these allegations and be able to show that whatever arrangements you put in place at the end of the day are efficient and enable therefore the Commission to deliver on its mandate in a manner that is incontestable.
- It is not good for us politicians to be misleading the people. If you have not done something, don't claim it, don't write it in your book, don't make pronouncements on it. The people themselves can tell the truth of what is going on. I think it is vital that we, the political leaders of the country, exercise some sense of responsibility when we are making some of these claims.
- When we make the wrong choices, we must act to set things right. When those put in charge of running the affairs of the state get it wrong, we must have the courage, humanity, and the selflessness to say so. That is our patriotic duty. We should also not be seen, at every given opportunity, to be running down our nation merely to realize our narrow, and partisan interest. That is not acceptable patriotism.
- Politicians are not the only persons who make mistakes. Media practitioners, like all human beings, can also make mistakes, and, when they do, they should have the humility to acknowledge their error, and not have their misdeeds atoned under the guise of 'media freedom. Irresponsible media practice is an abuse of freedom of expression, not its manifestation.
READ ALSO: Love messages: 150+ ways to express your romantic feelings in 2020
Famous Nana Akufo-Addo quotes
- We can no longer continue to make policy for ourselves, in our country, in our region, in our continent based on whatever support the western world or France or the European Union can give us. It will not work, it has not worked, and it will not work.
- We can no longer continue to make policy for ourselves, in our country, in our region, in our continent based on whatever support that the western world or France, or the European Union can give us. It will not work. It has not worked, and it will not work.
- I assure shareholders, management, and staff of Unilever, and the people of Ghana that my Government will work to continue to create a stable, microeconomic framework and positive outlook for businesses. The days when economic indicators went haywire and through the roof are over. The days of disarray in our public finances, the reason for our recent marriage with the IMF, are over.
- Ghana remains committed to its obligations under the Rome Statute and the work of the ICC. However, we are yet to adopt the implementing legislation that will give effect to the Rome Statute domestically. This has been long overdue, and it is time that we remedied it. I want to say that we shall correct it very soon.
- We must have the pride to acknowledge that we have made positive strides, and we must also have the humility to appreciate that we still have a long way to go. We must have the patience to accept that just as our fight for freedom and independence was not achieved in a day, so too, national prosperity will not come overnight. In peace and unity, I am confident that we can build a new Ghanaian civilization which will attract the admiration of Africa and the world.
- Aluminium is often described as the metal of the future. If that is the case, we have its raw material that is bauxite in abundance in Ghana. The time has come to make a concerted effort not only to bring the raw materials into play but to establish the full value chain of the product so we can have a vibrant aluminium industry in Ghana.
- If the Bank of Ghana, in the years before, had acted responsibly and dealt with some of these issues that they had to deal with, we would not have gotten to the situation we are now.
Now you have president Nana Akufo-Addo quotes on different life issues. Which quote did you relate with? Tell us in the comment section below.
READ ALSO: Deep love messages for her: workable ideas to impress your girl