The Ministry of Health strives to improve the general health status of Ghanaian citizens. This cannot be possible without sufficient human resources in various hospitals. Concerning this, the agency has established a health training institution tasked with churning out professionals in the sector. Applications to join the institute are strictly made via the MOH admission portal.
The online portal was created for prospective students to make their applications. You can easily log in, upload any documents or files, and declare your candidature. Here is everything you need to know about the Ministry of Health online registration, lists, and checking admission status.
MOH online registration requirements
You should have the following before starting the application process:
- An active internet connection.
- A laptop, tablet, or desktop.
- Basic computer skills, such as opening a program.
- An e-voucher. This will cost you GHC. 100.00. The amount will be used for registration verification, results processing, SMS alerts, and other correspondence services.
- A dedicated phone number and email address. The two will be used for correspondence purposes.
- Your Ghanaian residential address.
- Meet the minimum requirements for the courses you intend to enrol in.
- Your certificates in a PDF format.
- A passport-sized photograph.
How to purchase MOH e-voucher
You can manually walk into the following banks to have the document:
- Agricultural Development Bank (ADB)
- Ghana Commercial Bank (GCB)
Alternatively, you can use your mobile money wallet to purchase an e-voucher. Follow the steps below for MTN, Airtel Money, Vodafone Cash, and Tigo Pesa:
- Open your phone application. In some older models, this is renamed Dial.
- Dial “*887*18#” without the quotation marks.
- Process the USSD code using the SIM card you wish to make payments from.
- Enter ‘MOH’ without quotation marks.
- Key in your mobile wallet PIN
- Tap on the Send button.
An SMS will be sent to you after a successful payment. It will have details of your e-voucher.
READ ALSO: KSTU online course registration 2020/2021 for admission explained
MOH admission portal application procedure
Once you have bought an e-voucher and gathered all the mentioned requirements, it’s time to get into the nuts and bolts of the MOH admissions process. Follow the steps below to the latter:
- Connect to the internet: We recommend connections with speeds above 1MBPS. This will save you time and avoid downtimes during the whole registration process. To connect your laptop to a network source, head to wireless settings.
- Open your browser: You can use any browser.
- Go to MOH admission portal: Use the Ministry of Health Ghana Training Institute's official address.
- Initiate the process: Once the website is fully loaded, tap on the green Apply button.
5. Log in to the portal: Scratch your e-voucher to obtain a unique serial number and PIN. Enter the details correctly in the login page.
6. Fill in your information: You will be prompted to provide your details such as name and contact information.
7. Provide your address: Enter the correct details of your residential area in the country.
8. Enter parents and next of kin data: Information such as their name and mobile phone number will be required.
9. Fill in your education background details: Indicate the qualifications you have and the institutions you were once enrolled.
10. Choose your courses: Specify the program you wish to undertake at the university. You should have attained the minimum requirements for the respective discipline.
11. Upload a passport-sized photograph: It should be on plain colour background.
12. Attach supportive documents: These could be your WASSCE or SSSCE certificates and diploma holder certificate. All uploads should be in a PDF format.
13. Save the information: Make sure you do so after every step to avoid loss of entered data in case of a blackout.
14. Check for errors and omissions: Double-check all the information you have entered into the server.
15. Submit the forms: Agree to the terms and conditions then tap on the Submit button.
16. Print out your application: This will act as evidence that you indeed send your application.
READ ALSO: KNUST portal: login, registration, admission
Ministry of Health Ghana admission deadlines 2020/2021
The application phase was open on Monday, 17th February 2020. Prospective students were to submit their forms before Saturday 30th May 2020.
However, the institution might reopen its intake in later dates to cater to those affected by COVID-19 pandemic.
How to check MOH admission status
You should wait until the application phase is closed. Follow the procedure below to ascertain whether you have been shortlisted:
- Head to the health training portal: Connect to the internet and open a suitable browser. Use the official MOH address.
- Login to your account: Use the PIN and serial number captured in the e-voucher you bought during the registration period.
If you bought your e-voucher via your mobile money provider, use the following steps to retrieve it:
- Open your phone app. This is renamed Dial or Call in some older models.
- Launch the keypad.
- Type in “*887*18#” without the quotation marks.
- Select “Yes” and tap on the “Send” button.
- Retrieve your E-Voucher
Details of your e-voucher will be displayed on the next screen. Write them down so that you won’t have to repeat the same steps when you want to log into the portal again.
3. Check your status: You will be able to track the status of your application once you are logged into your account. If you are shortlisted, be prepared to attend an interview.
4. Confirm the invitation: You should note the date of the interview and confirm so that a reservation is made for you.
READ ALSO: UCC admission list: check your 2019/2020 admission status
To check your interview results, log into your account. If you have been selected for admission, then you need to:
- Print out the admission form.
- Confirm the fees required.
- Pay at designated financial institutions.
- Finally, report to the college on time.
MOH Nursing Training Institute contacts
If you experience any technical difficulties during the application process, do not hesitate to reach out via the following:
- Phone 1: +233 54 647 1389
- Phone 2: +233 54 647 1364
- Phone 3: +233 54 647 1374
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal address: P.O. Box M44, Ministries, Accra
- Facebook: @MOHGhana
- Twitter: @Health_ghana
- Instagram: @Ministryofhealthghana
MOH admissions are strict and competitive. As a result, only qualified individuals are admitted. Use the procedure above to submit your application via the MOH admission portal.
READ ALSO: UG MIS Web student portal: Registration, admission letters, email, payments
Yen.com.gh shared on 9th September a step-by-step guide on how to use the UG MIS Web student portal. The portal contains exclusive academic databases that are readily accessible for both prospective and continuing learners.
Through the portal, new and continuing learners can now inquire, register, pay fees, and access all vital information concerning their academics. UG scholars can now achieve their academic goals in the comfort of their homes.
- UEW admission list: Check your 2019/2020 admission status
- UEW student portal: registration, admission, courses