Ghanaians love their food, and their snacks even more. Ghana has lots of nutritional delicious snacks that can be eaten all day, every day.
And we never get tired of them! Ghanaian snacks are made with various local ingredients and a rich mix of healthy deliciousness. Some of these snacks used to be found only in the regions they originated from but now these snacks can be found all over the country. We've compiled the 8 most popular and delicious Ghanaian snacks:
1. KuliKuli: This is a nutritious snack made primarily groundnuts. It is a delicious treat straight from the North.
2. Ayigbe Biscuit: Made from coconut, cassava starch, sugar, salt and water, this prized snack from the Volta Region is a rich tasty snack.
3. Awiesu: Also known as Bamfo Bisi, this delicacy is made from flour, cassava dough and whatever optional additives you want. It usually has peanuts embedded in them. They are very tasty!
4. Agbeli Kaklo: This snack is best paired with coconut and it is made with cassava, onions and salt.
5. Kube cake: This sweet treat is made with grated coconut and caramelised sugar.
READ ALSO: 6 foods every Ghanaian likes to buy after work
6. Nkate cake: This popular snack is sold everywhere in Ghana. Made from groundnuts and caramelised sugar, this snack is a sweet and chewy treat.
7. Atsoomo: This delicious snack also called chin-chin in other places is made with coconut flour, flour, sugar, baking soda, egg, salt and nutmeg. It is a great jaw-strengthening treat.
8. Poloo: A simple tasty fried snack made from coconut milk, whole milk, flour and sugar.
Which is your favourite snack? Share any other snacks you know with us in our comments section below or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.