Fire Service Personnel Show Practical Ways of Quenching Fire In Educational Video

Fire Service Personnel Show Practical Ways of Quenching Fire In Educational Video

  • A group of fire service personnel in a video have shown how to get rid of a fire in the household. In the video, the soldiers used a bucket to quench fire from a cylinder
  • The video is very educational and shows people what to do during household emergencies like fire from a cylinder
  • People who saw the video were wowed by what they saw and commended the soldiers for the education

PAY ATTENTION: Click “See First” under the “Following” tab to see YEN.com.gh News on your News Feed!

In a video, a group of soldiers demonstrated to the general public how to quench fire emanating from a gas cylinder.

In the video, a gas cylinder can be seen leaking fire, and the soldiers used a bucket to cover the head of the cylinder. The fire instantly went off.

Read also

Young lady shares photos of her new luxurious apartment on Twitter: Tweeps impressed

Fire Service Personnel
Photo: Fire Service Personnel Show quenching fire Source: akwalabaqwemiphocox
Source: UGC

The fire goes off when the bucket is placed on the cylinder because oxygen helps the fire burn, so covering the head of the cylinder prevents the fire from having access to oxygen, thereby quenching it.

Social Media Comments

kinjajohnte was grateful for the education as she said:

PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app!

wow, I only thought it was only a wet towel that could do that... so it's improvising what is around me... Oh so educational

Ofentse Theo Mpshe seemed to be well versed in the topic

cutting oxygen supply to fire brakes down the 3 properties of fire

damsel found the information helpful:

thank u so much for dis update,bt me I DNT trust my village people, Dem go jz turn dat rubber to fuel.

See the video below:

Read also

Photos of a flooded construction site turns heads on social media: tweeps in confusion

How To Prevent Kitchen Fires

Fire is one of the things we use the most in many Ghanaian kitchens. As helpful as fire is, it can be lethal also. Therefore, practicing safety in the kitchen is necessary in order to prevent unfortunate fires.

One way of preventing a fire in the kitchen is not leaving food on fire unattended. Unfortunately, many people tend to leave food unattended on the stove, which is not a good practice. Such practices contribute to a large percentage of kitchen fires. Hence people are advised to desist from it.

To add, installing fire alarms is a great way of preventing fires in the kitchen and in the home. One has to make sure fire alarms are working to ensure their efficiency. Having fire alarms in the kitchen and at home alerts you when a fire is about to happen or is already happening.

Read also

Ghanaian man complains about people who stand in waakye line with list in funny tweet

Another way to prevent fires is to keep flammable items away from the fire source. For example, keeping easily flammable objects near the stove can catch fire and spread across the kitchen, causing disaster.

Raging Fire Consumes Shops Inside Two-Storey Building At Opera Square In Accra

In other news, YEN.com.gh previously published an article about some fires that happened in Accra. A late afternoon fire has consumed shops inside a two-storey building at Opera Spare, a crowded business district in Accra.

The fire started around 3 pm on Monday, but by 7 pm, personnel of the fire service were still fighting to keep it under control.

Source: YEN.com.gh

Authors:
Geraldo Amartey avatar

Geraldo Amartey (Entertainment Editor) Geraldo Amartey is an Entertainment Editor at YEN.com.gh. He pursued a degree in linguistics at the University of Ghana and graduated in 2020. He has over three years of experience in journalism. Geraldo's professional career in journalism started at the Ministry Of Information, where he worked as a writer. You can reach out to him at geraldo.amartey@yen.com.gh.

Online view pixel