Heartbreaks can happen for several reasons, but whatever the case may be, the right heartbreak quotes can be of immense help in the recovery process. It is understandable that to get an emotional healing does not happen in a day or all of a sudden. However, by time, the healing becomes full. This is why these quotes about heartbreak have been carefully selected to help you cope and continue with your life. At least, this will happen after you have embraced the fact that, no matter what has happened, life has to continue. Therefore, read through and find some reasons and motivation to forget the past and move on with your life.
Inspirational quotes about love and heartbreak
Sometimes, if we have not experienced the bad side of life, we will never appreciate the worth of the good side. What you need at this time is to look inward and get the lessons that life has got to teach you from the event that has just happened to you. These heartbreak overcome quotes will inspire you to get up and see the reasons to move on with your life.
- One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go. - Aubrey Drake Graham
- A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along. - J.S.B. Morse
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for. - Mandy Hale
- I’d rather love a million times and have my heart broken every time, than hold a permanently empty heart forever. - H.C. Paye
- When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time. - April Mae Monterrosa
- It is our wounds that create in us a desire to reach for miracles. The fulfillment of such miracles depends on whether we let our wounds pull us down or lift us up towards our dreams. - Jocelyn Soriano
- Some people come in your life and make you believe that your life is incomplete without them. Then they leave, creating a void in your heart that may fill back with time but will never be complete. - Anmol Rawat
I miss you heartbreak quotes
- Love lasts about seven years. That’s how long it takes for the cells of the body to totally replace themselves. – Francoise Sagan
- I've come to realize that the only people I need in my life are the ones who need me in theirs even when I have nothing else to offer but myself. - Author Unknown
- It's amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces. - Ella Harper
- You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel. - Johnny Depp
- I wish I had the guts to walk away and forget about what we had, but I can't because I know you won't come after me & that's what hurts the most. - Anonymous
- Saying goodbye doesn’t mean anything. It’s the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it. - Trey Parker
Quotes about heartbreak
Sometimes, when horrible events happen in our lives, we are tempted to think that we are the only set of people that those things are happening to. However, that is not the case, most time. Whatever level of heartbreak that you are experiencing, there are some others that have experienced the same thing in the past. These what heartbreak feels like quotes reflect others' perspective on what it means to experience what you are going through. I hope you find a solace as you read through them.
- The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten. – William Faulkner
- If people refuse to look at you in a new light and they can only see you for what you were, only see you for the mistakes you’ve made, if they don’t realize that you are not your mistakes, then they have to go. – Steve Maraboli
- If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate. – C. Joybell C.
- There are all kinds of ways for a relationship to be tested, even broken, some, irrevocably; it’s the endings we’re unprepared for. – Katherine Owen
- When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. – Alexander Graham Bell
- Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future. - Lewis B. Smedes
- When there’s a breakup, you keep thinking of who to blame. Your ex or yourself. Your friends or your family. The blame list keeps increasing in size with reasons for the failed relationship. Blame no one, your experience will help you make better choices next time. - Unknown
Getting over heartbreak quotes
You need to understand that what happens to you, most time, is not as important as how you react or handle it. The fact is the heartbreak has happened and you cannot reverse the situation. This is why just have to bind yourself up, learn from the experience and move on with your life. These how to heal a heartbreak quotes can point you in the direction to follow in your healing process. They can also help you to see life from a new perspective.
- Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love? – Leo Buscaglia
- Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion. – Javan
- Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall. – Jodi Picoult
- It has been said that time heals all wounds. The truth is that time does not heal anything. It merely passes. it is what we do during the passing of time that helps or hinders the healing process. - Jay Marshall
- When a child is hurt or sick what happens? It reaches out to you for comfort. It reaches out to you and wants to be held. It wants to feel your touch. It needs to feel your love. To breath your love. And how are you any different than the child when you are hurt and sick? - Ian Paul Marshall
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it's better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together. - Unknown
- The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery. - Allen Klein
Heartbreak quotes on friendship
The person who appears to be your best friend today may end up becoming your worst enemy tomorrow. Well, that's part of life. The truth is you have to be prepared at all time and expect anything from anyone. With this in mind, when the ugly events unravel, you will be better prepared to handle them. These heartbreak quotes for friendship are worth reminiscing.
- We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence. - Joseph Roux
- I guess what they say is true/Friends come and go/But I never thought that word apply to you. — Author Unknown
- When we have no reason to be happy we often think to end ourselves, We often think we have no one in this world, it happens when our loved ones leave us and make us alone in this vast universe. - Debolina
- Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.- Kahlil Gibran
- My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life. - Lee Iacocca
- Every time I think of you not because I am alone but for the change that I have seen in you in such a short time was the reason, I wonder how can a person change in such a short time, Was that friendship between us or all was just a dream which was now haunting me every moment of my life, I am still that person but were you the same? ― Debolina Bhawal
- We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on. - Amy Marie Walz
READ ALSO: Cute love images for her
Heartbreak quotes songs
- And deep down I know this never works but you can lay with me so it doesn’t hurt. Oh, won’t you stay with me? ‘Cause you’re all I need. — Stay With Me, Sam Smith
- Now, here it comes, the hardest part of all. Unchain my heart that’s holding on. How do I start to live my life alone? — The Art Of Letting Go, Mikaila
- You said, ‘Goodbye, it’s not the end. And if you need me, I’m still your friend.’ Well, that’s easy for you to say cause you caught it by the handle and I caught it by the blade. — The Blade, Ashley Monroe
- I thought that I’d been been hurt before but no one’s ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breathe me back to life. — Stitches, Shawn Mendes
- And when we meet, which I’m sure we will, all that was there will be there still. I’ll let it past and hold my tongue. And you will think that I’ve moved on. — White Flag, Dido
Quotes on heartbreak and letting go
Even though letting go can be so difficult, yet, except the wrong is forgiven and the past is forgotten, there will be no reasons to move on with life. Holding back holds you down and limits your capacity to experience happiness and enjoy the better things that lie ahead of you. So, as you embrace the change and reach for the future, these quotes can serve as an anchor to keep you going.
- The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward. - Steve Maraboli
- If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down. - Amit Ray
- In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself. - Deepak Chopra
- The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future. - Alyson Noel
- I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done. - Robert Downey Jr.
- Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer. - Denis Waitley
- We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better. - C. JoyBell C.
3 word heartbreak quotes
When a heart is broken, sometimes, the person becomes speechless and short of the right words. These 3-word quotes can be used to express your state of disappointment.
- Nothing hurts more…
- Love went unnoticed.
- Something inside died.
- Alone with loneliness.
- God, why me?
- Memories became nightmares.
- Reality or dream?
READ ALSO: Inspirational quotes about strength and hope
While there are lots of heartbreak quotes pics online, here is a sample of heartbreak quotes tattoos that you will find.
Heartbreak is a monster no one prays to come in contact with. However, when it comes, the only option left is to face it and move on with life. These carefully selected heartbreak quotes, hopefully, will challenge you to embrace the new phase of your life and turn the pain around for your gain.