Accra Institute of Technology is one of the most renowned institutions in Ghana. It is a technology-driven private university and has been accredited by the NAB (National Accreditation Board) of Ghana. The institution was established in 2009 as a non-profit private institution of higher education. It is located in the large city of Accra, Greater Accra. The city has a population of 1 Million - 5 Million. Accra Institute of Technology admission form and other requirements can be found on the website or you can visit them at the school.
The school features a small uniRank enrollment range of between 2,000 to about 3,000 students for higher educational courses. It offers courses that are highly recognized and ones which lead to degrees of higher education such bachelors, masters, and even doctorate degrees. It also offers pre-bachelor degrees such as; certificates, diplomas, associate, and founder degrees.
The school does not have any selective admission policy but the range rate of admission is between 70 to 80 per cent. This range of admission somewhat makes it a selective school. However, international applicants are also eligible for enrollment.
Notably, the school is ranked as one of the top private universities by the Ghana Tertiary Awards, as it grabbed the Best Technology University in the for a number of years which makes it standout. AIT witnesses over 250 enrollments in the PhD programs, and it operates both online and on campus in all the courses. The school features the board of trustees, advisory council, a president, an organization chart, and the academic leadership team.
List of courses offered in Accra Institute of Technology
Accra Institute of Technology accredited highly in the country by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) due to the fact that they offer a wide range of courses. Some courses are only campus-based while others are both campus and online-based. The courses offered by Accra Institute of Technology include;
- Certificate & Diploma Courses in Technology
- Certificate and Diploma in Computer Science
- Certificate and Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Certificate and Diploma in Industrial Engineering
- Certificate and Diploma in Software Engineering
- Certificate and Diploma in Electromechanical Engineering
- Certificate and Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Advanced Diploma program in Oil & Gas Operations (Engineering)
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses in Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electromechanical Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunications Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering
Industrial-based courses in technology include;
- Diploma in Marketing and IT
- Diploma in Human Resource Management and Information Technology
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship and IT
- Diploma in Management Science and Information Systems
- Diploma in Accounting and Technology
Accra institute of technology postgraduate courses
- Master's Degree in Science (MSc)
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Design & Technology
- Master’s Degree in Education
- PhD in Education
Doctorate programs offered in Accra institute of technology include;
- Doctor of Philosophy in Science
- Doctor of Education
How to gain admission into Accra Institute of Technology
One of the easiest ways you can get an admission is through the internet on the institution's website where you will be able to see the Admission tag. Once you click on the it, you will see three options.
- Instant online registration
- Foreign applicants
- Local applicants.
Depending on your preferences, you can choose any of the three and follow the steps that are outlined for a successful application. The other way you can gain admission to AIT is by visiting the school and getting all details pertaining admission.
Accra Institute of Technology admission requirements
There are specified requirements depending on the level of program you are applying for. Certificate and diploma programs applications are not the same as those of undergraduate and post graduate programs. One of the policies of the school is that one is admitted according to their holistic abilities.
What this actually means is that, although AIT takes a keen interest on academic, test scores, leadership skills,among others are the core fundamentals that determine the successful application of a student.
The school also checks on how effective one is able to communicate, express their interests as well as other strength and elements that are considered intellectual. The best thing is that the school is open to everyone, both locally and internationally; the only condition regarding this is that one must satisfy both the international and local standards set by the institution.
Accreditation of Accra Institute of Technology
Accra Institute of Technology is accredited by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana. It is an independent research university that is technology-focused and is based in the capital city of Ghana, Accra. It features 6 schools and 3 institutes.
Where is Accra institute of technology located in Ghana?
The institution is located along Cantonments Road, Accra, Ghana. It is right opposite Aquinas Secondary School.
Are you a student of Accra Institute of Technology? are you intending to join the institution? leave your highlights in the comment section below and keep the discussion going.