ICAG portal, courses, past questions, entry requirements
The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana), better known as ICAG, is an institution that was established to help in providing accountancy training at professional and technician levels. It is one of the most preferred institutions in the country by people who want to venture into the accounting world. Over time, a lot of individuals have graduated from the facility and managed to get excellent and well-paying jobs.
Have you completed your high school education and desire to become an accountant? If so, then you need to check out the course offered at ICAG. The institution is famous for producing professional accountants, who are always ready to grant clients high-quality accountancy services. Stick around to learn more about this prestigious educational institution.
READ ALSO: IPMC courses and their fees in Ghana 2019
The Institute of Chartered Accountants (Ghana) was established in the mid-sixties. The pass rates in those times were determined by factors that did not acknowledge the reading materials. However, over time, the system went through various changes, leading to the launching of the ICAG College in June 2009.
This significant change has helped numerous students to acquire tuition on either a part-time or regular basis. The college is situated in Okponglo, East Legon, along the Trinity Theological Seminary-IPS Road.
The necessary ICAG entry requirements
To become a registered student at ICAG Ghana, one must meet the following criteria:
Have the following documents
- An original and copy of their birth certificate
- Three passport size photographs
- The original and copy of their HND, SSSCE, first or second degree, Diploma, or a transcript where necessary
Have the registration fee
The regular entry requirements include:
- An individual to be sixteen years old and above
- Be fit and sane
- Have either 5 GCE ‘O’ level credits, 5 General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE), 5 RSA II or 5 WASSCE passes including Mathematics and English.
Have any of these additional documents
- 3 RSA III/LCCI III or ABCE
- 6 WASSCE passes with at least aggregate 20 including Maths and English
- DBS (accounting/secretarial option)
- A degree from a notable university or accountancy qualification from a reputable accountancy body (CIMA, ACCA, etc.)
- 3 ‘A’ level passes with at least grade ‘D’ in one subject excluding General Paper
- 6 GBCE passes with at least aggregate 20 including Mathematics and English
- Teacher’s Diploma, HND, Diploma in Public Finance and Accountancy, Teachers’ Post-Sec Certificate, Diploma from a recognized university, etc.
Entry requirements for mature students
They must meet the following:
- Be twenty-five years old and above
- Have either 5 RSA II or GBCE or WASSCE passes including Maths and English or a minimum of five ‘O’ level credits
- Have either the original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, or Driver’s license
- Two endorsed passport photographs
- Either 2 ‘A’ level passes excluding General Paper, 2 LCCI stage III passes, 2 RSA III/ABCE, working experience in an Audit or Accounts office for at least three years, confirmation of work experience as indicated, and any other acceptable qualification.
ICAG student portal
After a student becomes accepted in the institution, they are usually provided with a portal. The ICAG portal is a site where students can access the programs offered at the institution, the course details, and other related academic matters.
In addition to that, the portal can also be used by students to acquire insight on ICAG school’s exclusive events, contact information, and calendars. To access the site, a student must have a user name and a password.
There are a variety of accountancy courses that are offered in this educational facility. There are two primary programs provided in the facility presently. These are the professional programme and the technician programme, which is also called the Accounting Technician Scheme West Africa (ATSWA) programme.
When a student completes their ICAG professional program and acquires working experience in an accountancy field permitted by the ICAG Council, they are allowed to use the abbreviations ‘CA’ after their name. When one completes the ATSWA program, one can choose to either continue to pursue a professional program or work as a middle-level manager.
The good thing about learning these programs here is the fact that the institution offers evening, morning, and even weekend classes. For instance, ICAG classes for professionals are also held in the evening and weekends.
ICAG fees payment
When it comes to school fees payment, the institution requires students to clear their balance before a given timeframe. The time frame is usually provided when the institution resumes learning. Payment is generally made via bank. Some of the accepted banks students can use for payment are Barclays Bank, GCB, and ECOBANK.
ICAG exemptions policies
The exemption policies for this institution read:
- That Diploma in Accounting holders awarded by a Tertiary Institution are exempted from all Level 1 Papers.
- That Higher National Diploma (HND) Accountancy Option holders are exempted from all Paper 2.3 Audit and Assurance and Level 1 Papers.
- That ATSWA holders are exempted from all Level 1 papers, 2.6 Principles of Taxation Papers, and 2.3 Audit and Assurance.
ICAG exams past questions
If you are wondering what is tested in these examinations, then here are samples of ICAG past questions in the Business Information Systems exams:
Sample question 1
- Describe any four components of a Local-Area Network (LAN). (16 marks)
- On a typical LAN, what does ‘print server’ mean? (4 marks)
Sample question 2
- Define the term ‘business process re-engineering (BPR)’ (10 marks)
- In a typical BPR methodology, why it is crucial to develop the business vision and process objectives? (6 marks)
ICAG is a professional accountancy institution located in Ghana. It is one of the most highly rated accountancy organizations in the country, an aspect that has made it flourish in the accountancy profession.
READ ALSO: KNUST portal: login, registration, admission