The national ambulance service in Ghana is essential in the healthcare service. It is for this reason they have to make sure they have enough qualified people to hold the available positions. Ghana Ambulance Service recruitment happens twice every year. All qualified individuals are called to apply.
The Ghana national ambulance service recruitment happens during the first and the last quarter of the year. The ministry of health makes a point to announce this through its website, social media, and mainstream media. This is to ensure nobody is left out. Here is everything you need to know about the whole process.
Ghana Ambulance Service online registration
When it's the recruitment period, the ministry of health will provide all the necessary information. This will include the deadlines, requirements, among other details.
To apply for this process, you will:
- Buy an e-voucher that goes for GHC50. This voucher can be bought at any GCB, NIB, or ADB branch nationwide.
- The voucher comes with a unique pin for everyone.
- You should have your email address and your phone number to apply.
- Go to the Ghana Ambulance Service recruitment portal and follow the instructions, doing all you are instructed to the letter.
Ghana National Ambulance Service general eligibility
Not everyone can apply for the available posts. One must be eligible and meet the requirements indicated.
For one to apply for this, they must:
- Be a citizen of Ghana.
- Have no criminal records.
- Be of good character.
- Be between 18 - 35 years old.
Ghana National Ambulance Service general requirements
The general requirements are as follows:
- Males must have a minimum height of 1.68m.
- Females must have a minimum height of 1.60m.
- Must have good eyesight.
- Must not be allergic to bloody situations.
- Must not be epileptic.
- Should be able to work under pressure.
- Must have a valid NHIA card.
Ghana National Ambulance minimum education qualifications
Other than being eligible and meeting the requirements stated above, one must also meet the following education requirements.
- Should possess an SSSCE or WASSCE with credit scores in at least five subjects. These subjects must include English, Mathematics, Science, or its substitute.
- The applicant should be computer literate.
- The applicant should also possess a BECE certificate.
An applicant with additional certificates in Secretariatship, DBS Accountancy, or any post-secondary certificate will be at an advantage.
Ghana National Ambulance service general qualifications for advance emergency medical technicians
Applicants must meet all the requirements stated in the three sections above in addition to the ones stated below.
- A degree from a nationally recognized and accredited institution.
- Must possess the National Service Certificate.
Ghana Ambulance Service training
All qualified candidates must go through one year of intensive training. The training includes classroom lecturers, stress drills, practical attachments at accident, and emergency wards of selected hospital and ambulance stations.
All successful candidates should be prepared to work in any part of Ghana.
Ghana Ambulance Service contact
You can get in touch with the Ghana Ambulance Service using the address given below.
- Phone number: 0501614877
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax number: 0302 2684201
- P.O. Box MB 423
- Address: National Ambulance Service, Ministry of Health, Ministries, Accra
That is all we had for you on the Ghana ambulance service recruitment. What do you think of the whole process? Do you meet all their requirements? Share your opinions about this in the comments section below.