The 90s. One of the most classic times in our world; the cool trends, the fashion, the slangs, and the screen gems we had.
As a Ghanaian 90s kids, there were few TV shows that would have grabbed your attention aside Cartoon Network, shows that if you never watched, you definitely didn't have a Ghanaian childhood.
These are the shows every 90s kids loved to watch during their TV time:
1. Captain Planet. Ahhh yes, which 90s kid did not desperately want to be a planeteer? We know we did! Sunday evenings were incomplete without an episode of Captain Planet and his team of Planeteers fighting to save the environment. And we know you remember the song too!
2. Kyekyekule. You can't say you don't remember Uncle George and the Kyekyekule crew hosting fun, brainy activities in many schools. And it also had a pretty catchy song; come on you know it! Kye Kye Kule.. Kyeee Kule! Kye Kye Kofisa.... Kofisa... ahem, our editor kind of forgot the last part, but if you remember, sing along!
3. Monkey King. Shifuuuuu! Gosh, what's a 90s Ghanaian childhood without fun, fantasy show full of adventure, mischief and rib-cracking humor. If you didn't sneak out after Sunday children service just to see this, then really, what did you do with yourself?
4. By The Fireside. Another educative kids program that we all enjoyed. We learnt folktales, proverbs and life lessons all in a setting that is familiar to all of us. Definitely a fav show.
5. Power Rangers. The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! This was the epic kids show of epic kids shows, and you know it. Who didn't love them? Who didn't go to sleep hoping to wake up a proud power ranger. We know we did! This was surely one of, if not the, favorite show of your childhood.
6. Tom and Jerry. With all it's variations, it all boils down to the cartoons. We loved Tom and Jerry. A cat and a mouse in an endless chase around the house? Who wouldn't love them?
So which of these were your favorite shows, and would you like a rerun?