Garden City University College offers a chance for all the qualified applicants to join and benefit from the quality education they offer. There are various courses and programme offered in the university as well as different entry requirement as provided by the admissions. Apart from offering the courses and entry requirements, the university also provides the applicants with the fees costs incurred for one to acquire education. This article will clearly provide you with all the information you need concerning the university.
Garden university college was established in 2001 and commerce in 2002 as the college for information technology and management systems. Due to the vast and huge resources assembled to set up the college, the board of director in 2004 voted to convert the college into a University in order to assemble and put the resource into full utilization. In July 2005, the national accreditation board (NAB) under the name Garden university college, Kenyase-Kumasi, officially accredited the university. The institution aims at becoming the premier university in Western Africa and delivers distinctive scholarships as well as competence. The Mission of the University College is effectively blending communication and information technology, business managerial education in arts and sciences to make them the engine of development and change in the Ghanaian and the world.
Programs offered at Garden City University College
Garden University College has three major faculties under which they offer their courses and programs. They include the following:
- Faculty of applied science.
- Faculty of health sciences.
- Faculty of business studies.
This is one of the two pioneer faculties of the Garden city university college. Its major aim is to produce innovative, well-grounded and well-rounded system analysts, computer programmers as well as web developers and computer technicians. Under the faculty of applied sciences, the university has three departments from which they offer their programs. They include:
Department of computer science - B.Sc Computer science
This department offers the entire fundamental concepts related to computers and their applications. It includes both the theoretical and application parts. The concepts offered under the department are computer representation, interpretations as well as analysis of the computer knowledge. It also equips computer students with automation of deductive reasoning, assessment of the value and application of computers in the ever-growing digital world.
Department of information technology- B.Sc Information Technology
This department is concerned with delivering knowledge through the study and use of computers and telecommunications systems. It equips the learners with the knowledge of storing, retrieving and sending information through computers through a degree program in Information technology.
The department of environmental science - B.Sc Environmental science.
This is the latest department in the faculty entering its third year in 2018/2019 academic year. It has a B.Sc program in which it offers a degree in environmental science that takes four years.
B.Sc Mathematics and statistics
Garden City University College also offers a degree programme in mathematics and statics under the faculty of applied sciences.
This faculty has several departments, which include:
Department of Midwifery
Garden city university midwifery B.Sc program is a course in which the university got accreditation to run at the beginning of 2013/2014 academic year. This is a four-year programme. In the first two years, the learners are fully committed to acquiring basic nursing skills. The programmes give midwives the knowledge to know when there is abnormal defects n both the mother and the child, when to seek medical assistance and when to take emergency measures in the absence of medical help. The courses offered under this program include the following:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Perspectives of Nursing
- Health Promotion
- Foundations of Nursing and Microbiology
- Medical / Surgical Nursing
- First Aid
- Nutrition, Dietetics, Advanced Emergency, and Disaster Nursing
Learning of all the above courses takes place during the first two years of study. Students have practice at the medical/ surgical units at various hospitals
Department of Medical Laboratory Technology
This department offers a degree programme in B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology Programme.
Department of Nursing
This department offers a degree programme in B.Sc. Nursing Program. It is now possible to top up for nurses garden city University College as the university commenced its BSc and diploma programs in June 2007. It plays a leading role in the nursing education in Ghana while using science and arts in training of generics.
Department of Physician Assistantship Studies
This department offers a degree programme in B.Sc. Physician Assistantship Studies Programme. Garden city university college physician assistant study came into existence at the beginning of 2013/2014 academic year. It started with the drawing of the programme of studies followed by the admission to the first ever bunch of students.
Department of Dental Therapy
This department offers a degree programme in B.Sc. Dental therapy Programme.
Faculty of business studies
This faculty was established in 2004 with the inception of the Garden city university college. Since then, the faculty has continually thrived in the provision of a dynamic environment for various academics studies. The faculty has multiple programmes under the following departments.
Department of Accounting, Banking, and Finance
This department offers the following programs;
- Accounting with Computing.
- Bachelor of Business Administration(It specializes in two areas: Accounting and Banking & Finance).
Department of Economics and Statistics
This department has the following program under it
- Economics and Statistics.
Garden City University College fees - Garden City University fee structure
Garden city university college fees structure caters for both the Ghana residents and the foreign students. School fees for Garden City University College are as structured by the tables below.
READ ALSO: 10 top private senior high schools in Accra
The fees of garden city University College Structures above are all in Ghanaian Cedis, and they have the mode of payment policies as outlined below:
Option 1: Full payment.
Students who pay the whole amount of school fees are entitled to 3% discount on the tuition fees
Option 2: Payment by installments.
Students who do not pay the whole semester fees are required to sign the monthly plan as shown below:
- 50% before registration.
- 75% before Mid Semester Examinations.
- 100% before Final Examination.
Garden city university admission requirements
How to apply
Garden city university application usually has a long process compared to other universities in Ghana. The interested applicants, therefore, are advised to start the application process early. To apply, you need to download garden city university admission forms to print, fill them and then submit. The forms are also available on the university website for downloading. Application forms are also available through the following sources:
The Finance Office, Garden City University College, Kenyase-Kumasi (2 Kilometers off Airport Roundabout on Antoa Road).They can also be obtained from the following petrol station. Accra: Excel Filling Station, 0267385354 / 0507882827 / 0545543589.
Garden City University College cut off point are the ones that determine the number of applicants eligible for admission in the institution. These are cut off point are determined by the examination bodies in the country. The following General credentials and qualification are mandatory for any applicant to get a chance to study at Garden City University College.
- Credit Passes (i.e., A/A1 - D/C4 - C6) in Six SSCE/WASSCE/GBCE subjects including three Core subjects: English, Mathematics and Integrated Science and three Elective subjects with at least aggregate 24 or 36 for SSSCE and WASSCE respectively or better.
- Five Ordinary Level Credit Passes including English, Mathematics, and at least three ‘A’ Level/ABCE passes.
- HND qualifications with an option in relevant areas of specialization are also eligible for Top-Up programmes.
- For the Applicants who are seeking admission to BSc. Computer Science Programme. In addition to the above general entry requirements, they must possess a credit pass in Elective Mathematics. Applicants with other equivalent or professional qualifications their considerations are after assessment of the relevant qualifications and placed appropriately.
- RSA, SRN, RGN, RGM 'A' Level Holders and those with other equivalent qualifications plus basic SSCE/WASSCE/'O' Level Qualifications will be placed at level 200 & 300 for a three & two-year Top-Up programme.
- For Mature Candidates to apply for admission, an applicant must have the following in addition to the general requirements.
- Must be 25 years at the time of application.
- Must have passed in English and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE.
- Must have a minimum of two years work experience Must pass a GCUC Mature Student Entry Examinations.
- Candidates with Home Science, General Science, General Art, and General Agricultural backgrounds are also eligible for BSc. Nursing/Midwifery.
- Diploma (Nursing/Midwifery)/ SRN/RGN/RM Holders are eligible for Top-Up programmes.
Entry requirements for Medical laboratory technology
For the applicants who want consideration for this course they have to meet the following qualifications:
- Senior High School Certificate (SSSCE) and/or West African Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE). These should have an aggregate of 24 or better including credits in the three core subjects: English, mathematics and integrated science. In addition to the three core subjects, the applicant should also have credits in three elective subjects: Biology or home science or general agriculture, chemistry and physics or elective mathematics.
- Mature candidates should have a diploma in medical laboratory technology from a recognized university and at least one-year postgraduate qualification experience in a hospital laboratory.
- Foreign students shall provide their high school certificates/diplomas and transcripts. All documents must have an English translation and an accompanying statement showing how their system equates to the Ghanaian system.
- All applicants carry an interview, and the performance determines admission in addition to their academic qualification.
- The student shall be in good health.
Entry requirements for B.sc Dental therapy
- Candidates must have at least credit pass in three core subjects at WASSCE / SSSCE Level: Integrated Science, Mathematics and English Language.
- At least credit pass in three Elective subjects including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics or Elective Mathematics.
- Registered Dental Surgery Assistants (RDSA) at least three-year post qualification practical exposures are eligible for admission to level 300.
- 25yrs of age is the minimum age requirement for mature students.Additionally, they must possess either five credits at GCE O-level including English language and mathematics or WASSCE/SSSCE with at least credit pass in three core subjects(English, mathematics and integrated science).
- Interviews are compulsory to all the applicants and admission depends on Performance at an interview in addition to their academic qualification.
- The student shall be in good health.
Postal address of Garden City University College
In case of physical deliveries or need of information arises, the following postal address is applicable for use by garden city university college in which all the respondents should be addressed:
- Garden city University College
- P.O Box Ks 12775
General information about the university are addressed through the following addresses:
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
With the numerous numbers of courses and competent programs offered, Garden City University College may be the college you might have been looking for to advance your dreams on computing and information technology. Grab your chance for admission in the institution and let your ambitions become a reality.
Source: Yen News