At its inception in November 1967, Sunyani Technical University was a technical Institute. It was upgraded to the status of a University in January 1997. This upgrade aimed to ensure the institution is providing career-focused training at tertiary level. So, which are the Sunyani Technical University courses and admission requirements?
Today, the University is one of the leading institutions of higher learning. Currently, Sunyani Technical University offers various programs such as Bachelor of Technology Degree Programmes, Applied Arts disciplines, TVET, Higher National Diploma and Non-Tertiary Programmes in Engineering, Science, and Technology.
Sunyani Technical University courses
The institution has set itself apart to provide non-tertiary programs in technical and vocational courses, higher national diploma (HND), and Bachelor of Technology degree program. Sunyani university main objective is to:
- Offer opportunities for publication of research findings, applied research, and skills development
- Provide tertiary education in different fields such as applied social science, science technology, commerce, manufacturing, applied arts, and any other course which has been approved by the Ministry of Education.
Here are some of the courses that the university offers to students:
Students looking to enroll for Bachelor prorammes are invited to so so. The University offers a variety of courses that meet the intent of learners. It is wise to go through the requirements and specifications for each Bachelor programme to ensure you meet all the requirements listed. Here are some of the programmes available for interested applicants:
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Fashion Design Technology
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech) Construction Technology
READ ALSO: GIMPA courses and fees: List of programs offered in 2020
Providing quality education is key for the institution. Sunyani Technical University also offers HND programmes to its students. The following are the HND programmes offered at the University:
- HND Accountancy (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Accounting Technology (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Marketing (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Purchasing and Supply (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Secretaryship and Management Studies (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Civil Engineering
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Computer engineering option)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Medical engineering technology option)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Power Systems option)
- HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Telecommunication options)
- HND Materials Engineering
- HND Mechanical Engineering (Automobile option)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (plant option)
- HND Mechanical Engineering (production option)
- HND Building Technology
- HND Ceramic Arts
- HND Fashion Design Technology
- HND Textiles Technology
- HND Interior Design and Technology (Wood Technology)
- HND Computer Science
- HND Dispensing Technician
- HND General Agriculture
- HND Hotel, Catering and Institutional Management (regular, weekend and evening)
- HND Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
If you are looking to enroll for a diploma course, the institution provides various diploma courses to meet the students intent. Here are some of the diploma courses available to students.
- Diploma in Computerised Accounting (DCA) (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Banking Technology & Accounting (DBTA) (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Electronic Marketing (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Administration (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Public Relations (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Procurement & Materials Management (2-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Accounting Option) (1-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Secretarial Option) (1-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Management Option) (1-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing Option) (1-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Purchasing and Supply Option) (1-year programme)
- Diploma in Business Studies (Statistics Option) (1-year programme)
Technician and advanced programmes
If you are looking to enroll for any technician and advanced programmes, the institution provides such courses to ensure students are armed with the right skills. Here are some of the technician and advanced programmes available to students.
- Construction Technicians Course (CTC) Part I
- Construction Technicians Course (CTC) Part II
- Construction Technicians Course (CTC) Part III
- Electrical Engineering Technicians (EET) Part I
- Electrical Engineering Technicians (EET) Part II
- Electrical Engineering Technicians (EET) Part III
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians (MET) Part I
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians (MET) Part II
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians Part III
- Motor Vehicle Technicians (MVT) Part I
- Motor Vehicle Technicians (MVT) Part II
- Motor Vehicle Technicians Part III (MVT III)
- Advanced Blocklaying and Concreting
- Advanced Carpentry and Joinery
- Advanced Cookery (8122)
- Advanced Furniture
- Advanced Painting and Decorating
- Advanced Fashion and Designing
- Advanced Furniture Design & Construction
READ ALSO: Takoradi Technical University courses, registration and admission requirements
Craft programmes/Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) programmes
The Technical University also runs programmes of the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) at the Certificate II and Advanced levels. The programmes include:
- Agric Mechanics Work
- Autobody Inter/COTVET
- Blocklaying and Concreting Inter/COTVET
- Catering Inter/COTVET
- Electrical Installation Work
- Electrical Machine Rewinding and Repairs
- Fabrication and Welding
- Fashion and Designing Intermediate
- Furniture Craft Inter/COTVET
- General Textiles
- Heavy Duty and Diesel Mechanics
- Industrial Maintenance Technology
- Industrial Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering Craft Practice
- Motor Vehicle Mechanics Work
- Painting and Decorating Inter
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning Mechanics
- Small Engines Repairs
- Textiles Technician
The institution offers proficiency certificate courses to ensure students are armed with the right skills. Here are the various certificate courses available to students.
- Architectural and Engineering Draughtmanship
- Proficiency in Chinese Language
- Proficiency in English Language
- Proficiency in French Language
Is Sunyani technical form out?
The online admission form for 2020/2021 academic year is available on Sunyani Technical University admission portal. This is because admissions are ongoing. Suppose you have already made your online application for the academic year and need to check your Sunyani Technical University admission status, do so on the platform as well.
However, applicants are advised that they should not worry in case their name is missing on the Sunyani Technical University admission list. This is because the admissions are still ongoing, and so, they should keep checking for updates.
One is advised to check the updated Sunyani Technical University fees on their official website. Sunyani Technical University results checking is done by login in at the student portal page.
READ ALSO: UMaT courses and fees 2020-2021: short, postgraduate and more
How do I apply to Sunyani Technical University?
Joining the Technical University is a dream come true for most students who desire to gain a quality education. Therefore, after applying, it is vital to ensure you follow all the steps to ensure your application is successful. The following are steps to follow when making your application:
Pay for your online admission application form at any of the following locations:
- Sunyani Technical University Campus
- Post offices
- Fidelity bank
- Zenith bank
- Stanbic bank
- Mobile money short code *447*160# on all networks
Applicants applying for programmes that do not require a certificate should contact the Registrar, Sunyani Technical University either directly or on the phone before paying for the form. The contact number is 03520 27052/24924.
Pay for the online application form and collect your serial number and pin code. You will also have the serial number and pin code sent to your phone through a text message.
Make sure you provide a valid phone number and ensure your phone is active when paying for your form to enable you to receive a text for your application.
Login using the serial number and code sent to you.
It takes three steps to complete the online admission application form.
- Section 6-A
Select Programmes of choice, provide your personal information, and previous schools attended. You would be required to upload an electronic passport picture (jpg, pjeg, png or gif formats).
- Section 6-B
Provide details of relevant certificates obtained, employment history (Compulsory for Mature applicants) and sponsor's information.
- Section 6-C
Submit and print the completed application form. You are also to Print and complete the declaration form.
After each step, click the save and continue button to save and go to the next step.
You can logout and continue later till you submit your form. (NOTE: Non-Submitted application forms would not be processed)
After Step 6-B, you can submit your admission application form. (NOTE: After submitting your application, no corrections can be done by applicants)
Remember to make your phone active while processing your form to enable you to receive the appropriate message after submitting your application form.
You are requested to send the following documents to the below address:
- A printed copy of the submitted application form
- A printed and completed copy of a Declaration form
- Photocopies of Certificates/Results slips and all other relevant documents
SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P. O. BOX 206
Sunyani Technical University offers unparalleled levels of learning to students while preparing them for the job market. Learn all about Sunyani Technical University courses and admission requirements, and book your slot.
Meanwhile, YEN.com.gh on July 22, 2020, reported on Accra Institute of Technology courses and admission requirements. Accra Institute of Technology is one of the most distinguished institutions in Ghana.
Established in 2009 as a non-profit private institution of higher education, the technology-driven university is accredited by the National Accreditation Board (NAB).
READ ALSO: Nursing schools in Ghana 2020/2021 fees, course, requirements