Christmas is the world’s favorite season as it is a time to celebrate, eat, drink and have a merry good time with family and friends.
Get the latest news in entertainment and politics on YEN.com.gh
As the season of good cheer gets closer, everyone has a list of items they need to purchase just in time for the big Christmas holiday and YEN has found five of them:
1. Chicken. No Ghanaian household is without chicken at Christmas. Whether it’s already dressed or purchased alive to be dressed on the actual day, there is always a special Christmas chicken meal in a Ghanaian home.
READ ALSO: 5 worrying things Ghanaians fear could happen in December
2. Drinks. Nearly every home in Ghana has at least one Coca-cola or Malta Guinness empty bottle crate lying around just waiting to be exchanged for filled bottles as Christmas day approaches.
3. Rice. For some reason, rice during Christmas always tastes best, and as such the festive season is filled with lots of rice purchases in every market.
4. Cassava and plantain. Because you can’t celebrate Christmas in Ghana and not have Fufu. Whether on Christmas day or on boxing day, families gather to enjoy the popular local dish with their favorite soup.
5. Biscuit. Specifically, the very popular tin of Danish Cookies. It is always the Ghanaian option of dessert after the heavy Christmas meal, with a bottle of any soft drink.
READ ALSO: Kweku Baako speaks for the first time on how he failed KABA
YEN is building a platform where Ghanaians can share local news and own experiences with each other. Witnessing an incident? Want to tell about a local problem? Know someone who is extremely talented and needs recognition? Your stories and photos are always welcome. Send us a message via YEN’s official Facebook page.