- Farouk James is a model from London whose long, curly hair has made him an Instagram star
- The 8-year-old model has been campaigning to encourage people to embrace their natural hair
- James' mum, Bonnie, takes care of his Instagram account and his hair
Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
8-year-old Farouk James is a model from London with Ghanaian roots whose long, curly hair has made him a social media star particularly on Instagram.
The child model has been using his newfound influence on social media to urge people to embrace their long natural hair.
While his hair has been a blessing to him after he was signed at the age of six months, he was recently in the news after it emerged that his mother, Bonnie Miller, was denied admittance for her son by two UK schools because of his long natural hair.
James’ father is a Ghanaian and his hair was left to grow because of his cultural reasons until he turned 3 years but has appeared to be a setback after he was denied admission into two UK schools
YEN.com.gh earlier reported that one of those schools is The London Oratory School, the same school James 23-year older attended.
As James’ hair grew longer and longer, his mother was pressured to cut his hair short because of the stereotyping the child was experiencing.
However, Bonnie overcame the odds and years later, Farouk has become an in-demand model.
YEN.com.gh features 7 photos of the Ghanaian UK-born child model.
1. Farouk campaigns against policies that force kids to cut their hair short.
2. Farouk thanks fans and well-wishers with a lovely photo.
3. Farouk urges fans to put in their best in their daily dealings.
4. James rocks his tinted shades.
5. Farouk shares image to mark his birthday.
6. James rocks stunning long straight hair.
7. 8-year-old model spreads love to his cyber family.
In other stories, YEN.com.gh previously reported that Farouk James, an 8-year-old toddler with Ghanaian roots has been denied admission by several schools owing to his long hair James’ mother, Bonnie Miller of the UK, has been fighting for the policy to be altered.
Miller has been searching for a school for her son and two found so far won’t allow him because of his long, natural hair.
READ ALSO: Odartey Lamptey cries as he talks about ex-wife and new Black Stars coach CK Akonnor
Ghanaian Traders Share Thoughts on Sales During Christmas | #Yencomgh
Enjoyed reading our story? Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!
Your stories and photos are always welcome. Get interactive via our Facebook page.