GRIDCo explains itself again after all night long dumsor in parts of Accra

GRIDCo explains itself again after all night long dumsor in parts of Accra

- GRIDCo has once again explained itself for the power outage experienced in certain parts of Accra

- Most parts of the country was plunged into darkness all night long on April 12, 2021

- GRIDCo has assured the public that it is working with relevant stakeholders to restore power

Our Manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

The Ghana Grid Company Limited (GRIDCo) has once again explained itself for the power outage experienced in certain parts of Accra on April 12, 2021.

GRIDCo has assured the public that it is working with relevant stakeholders in the power generation and distribution chain to resume power transmission to all areas experiencing the outage.

This follows the power outage experienced in parts of the country due to technical challenges.

GRIDCo explains itself again after all night long dumsor in parts of Accra
GRIDCo explains itself again after all night long dumsor in parts of Accra
Source: Getty Images

According to GRIDCo, the power system experienced a fault on the Aboadze-Anwomaso transmission line, leading to the loss of supply to some parts of the country.

Read also

Bawumia supervises installation of digital address plates in Adenta; photos pop up

It said the technical team immediately initiated restoration efforts and was able to fix the transmission network within 30 minutes.

Currently, the statement said more than 80 percent of the affected substations had been fully restored, while efforts are ongoing to restore the remaining 20 percent.

It appealed to the public to pardon the company for any inconvenience caused as a result of the challenge.

For some time now, the country has been experiencing intermittent power cuts, plunging almost the entire country into darkness for days.

Despite these unannounced power cuts, the Ghana Grid Company (GRIDCo) has said the situation is not as Ghanaians are thinking, following comments in the media and on social media platforms that the country is back to the days of load shedding.

Meanwhile, the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has announced that it would be undertaking planned maintenance works in the Greater Accra Region.

Read also

ECG badly needs money; embarks on nationwide disconnection exercise

The planned maintenance exercise was scheduled for Tuesday, April 6, 2021, between 9 am to 5 pm.

A statement sighted by YEN.com.gh from the ECG said the repair works are aimed at improving service delivery in the region.

Tabora, Racecourse, Bankyease, Yellow house, Ofankor Seven Great, Kissehman, Ashaley Botwe, Little Roses, and Achimota Golf Park have been earmarked as the areas to be affected.

Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates

Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Online view pixel