Eugene Arhin, the director of communications at the presidency and his enstranged wife, Gloria Assan officially got divorced.
Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in
Gloria filed the suit for the divorce over claims of cheating, domestic violence among other complaints but was unable to prove with evidence her allegations.
The marriage was officially dissolved by an Accra High Court after Gloria filed for divorce in a writ she submitted a few months ago.
The judge, Justice Cecilia Don Chebe Agbeyey, in cancelling the marriage detailed that there have been attempts by people close to the estranged spouses to restore the marriage but all efforts failed and that the marriage had broken beyond repairs.
Based on these grounds, she announced the dissolution of the marriage.
YEN.com.gh has however listed all of the settlements per the courts ruling in officially dissolving marriage.
1. Instead of the GHC 2 million she requested, the court directed that Eugene gave Gloria the sum of Gh100,000 as alimony.
2. Gloria was given full custody of the children with visiting rights to Eugene. Eugene in turn is expected to give Gloria a 2-hour notice to prepare the children.
3. Per her request, Gloria has been given some three cars with registration numbers, GE 4646-18, GE 7108-18, and GE 4646-19 as part of the divorce settlement.
4. Per the court instructions, a monthly allowance of GHC6,000 will be shared 60% and 40% by Eugene Arhin and Glorian Assan respectively.
5. Eugene Arhin as per the report is also obliged to foot the educational and medical care of the children.
6. Gloria now owns a five-bedroom uncompleted house in the Kpone Katamanso district.
In other news, ECG has once again released a new load shedding schedule.
The new schedule is for the planned power outages from May 27 to June 11, 2021, in Accra.
In a report filed by Graphic.com.gh, the planned outage is to enable the completion of construction works on the Kasoa Bulk Supply Point.
The outage will help the Ghana Grid Company (GRIDCo) undertake work on the 161KV Plant.
Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!