Schools can now do substitutions in latest NMSQ format

Schools can now do substitutions in latest NMSQ format

- Schools can now make substitutions in the national maths and science quiz

- Competing schools in the NMSQ can now substitute contestants during a quiz, the organisers have annoced

Organisers of the annual National Science and Maths Quiz (NMSQ) have announced that competing schools will henceforth be at liberty to substitute a contestant in the course of a quiz.

The new rule allows competing schools to replace worn-out contestants with more vibrant contenders if they deem fit.

Schools can now do substitutions in latest NMSQ format

The 2017 finalists

READ ALSO: Throwback photo of Rawlings with six packs

This was revealed by the Managing Director of Primetime, Nana Akua Ankomah-Asare.

“…we have two contestants on stage but there’s actually three of them as a team but the third member doesn’t get to compete if they are not substituted because some health reason but this year’s there’s an option for the third team member to compete thus we are introducing substitution,” she said on the AM Show on Joy News TV.

The exception to this new rule is that although the teams will be allowed to substitute players, this substitution cannot be done while a round is going on.

According to Madam Ankomah-Asare, the substitution will only be allowed if the person coming on can do a minimum of two rounds before the quiz ends.

This indicates that the substitution must happen before the ‘problem of the day’ section of the quiz.

READ ALSO: Patapaa continuous his with adventurous stay in France

Quiz mistress for the NSMQ, Dr. Elsie Effah Kaufmann added that contestants will be impressed by the quality of questions this year.

From where I sit so far it has been about gathering the questions and making sure they of high enough quality and I think the contestants are going to be impressed with the quality we are bringing this time,” she said.

The NSMQ is currently in its 25th year since the inter-Senior High Schools competition first began.

This year’s competition will be launched on Tuesday.

Ghana Trends: Rawlings Official Apologizes to Mahama and Kufuor:

Subscribe to watch new videos

READ ALSO: No musician in Ghana has set the record of Ebony's replacement - Bullet

Do you have a hot story or scandal you would like us to publish on YEN.com.gh? Please contact us on Facebook.

Source: Yen.com.gh

Related news
Government cannot sustain Free SHS programme - Prof. Aryeetey

Government cannot sustain Free SHS programme - Prof. Aryeetey

NPP government does not have what it takes to sustain Free SHS - Former UG VC
YEN.com.gh
Mailfire view pixel