- Former workers of the Obuasi mines have revealed that their wives and girlfriends have started calling them
- According to the men, this follows the news of the reopening of the mine
- Most of them have vowed never to go back to their old relationships
Some ex-workers of AngloGold Ashanti in Obuasi whose wives and girlfriends jilted them when they lost their jobs following the closure of the Obuasi mine, say they have started receiving phone calls and messages from the women who left.
This they said is an indication of their intentions to come back to them after they heard the mine had been opened recently.
According to the men, since news of the reopening of the mine broke late last year, the same ladies who jilted them have continuously pestered them with comeback calls and messages.
"At first when things were moving on alright and the money was flowing, we enjoyed together. But when I lost my job as a result of the closure of the Mine, she left me for another guy," he said
One other victim said the woman who was in his life earlier when all was rosy had started calling and trying to be nice to him but he won’t give her that chance again because had moved on.
Another narrating his ordeal said, his my wife with whom he had two children left him for another man when he lost his job.
"I begged several times to stay with me but she refused and left me broke. All of a sudden she has started calling me and wanting to come back. I have told her in plain language that it is a big no,’’ he noted.
The Obuasi mine was reopened on Tuesday, January 22, 2019 by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and the Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II.
Ghana News Today: Latest on Hussein-Suale's Murder / High Spate of Ponzi Schemes in Ghana| #Yencomgh
Click here to get the latest exciting English Premier League news. Get match highlights, reports, photos & videos all in one place.