Do you know what day today is? This is always a tricky question, especially for men. When your spouse or partner asks you this, it is usually their birthday or your anniversary. Married people know if there is one thing they are not supposed to forget; it is their anniversary. Wedding anniversary prayers and wishes come handy to help celebrate such a time and show your partner how special they are to you.
Wedding anniversary blessings and prayers are different depending on the type of couple you are as different people prefer different things. If it is your anniversary or your anniversary is coming soon, happy anniversary God bless you both. Here are a couple of wedding anniversary blessing wishes to make that day more special for you and your spouse.
Bible verses for wedding anniversary wishes
A happy marriage is built on God. Here are some Bible verses that you can use as inspirational wedding anniversary quotes for your loved one.
- Proverbs 5:18-19 - Let your fountain be blessed, and rejoice in the wife of your youth, a lovely deer, a graceful doe. Let her breasts fill you at all times with delight; be intoxicated always in her love.
- John 15:12 -My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
- Colossians 3:14 - And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
- Malachi 2:14-15 - “You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is the witness between you and the wife of your youth. You have been unfaithful to her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant. Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.
- Ephesians 4:2-3 - Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other’s faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
- 1 John 4:18 - Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.”
- Mark 10:6-9 - But at the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this reason, a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.
- Proverbs 24:3-4 - By wisdom, a house is built, and through understanding, it is established; through knowledge, its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.
- Psalm 143:8 - Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
- 1 Peter 3:7 - “Husbands, in the same way, be considerate as you live with your wives and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life so that nothing will hinder your prayers
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 - Two are better than one because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.
- Proverbs 18:22 - He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD.
- Genesis 2:22-24 - “Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for she was taken out of man.” That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.”
- Mark 10:9 - What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.
Religious wedding anniversary wishes for husband
People say that a good husband makes a good wife. If you are a good wife, then that means your husband is good, and he is also supposed to be treated well during your anniversary. A wedding anniversary prayer for your husband goes a long way, as well as a cute message, just like the ones below.
- Finding a devoted husband like you is the best achievement in my life. I thank God every day because he’s been so kind to me. Happy wedding anniversary dear
- Sweetheart, I am delighted on this day to celebrate our fourth year as husband and wife, which God made possible. You’ve brought immense happiness to my life, one that I never imagined possible with me. Thank you for all the wow moments we share. Happy wedding anniversary.
- I still believe God hand-picked you for me. I know that when we do have disagreements, it’s probably God’s way of smoothing out our rough edges and balancing our extremes. “As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.”
- Happy wedding anniversary to us. It is incredible how far we have come as man and wife. There were some experiences we had which we weren’t in the least, prepared for. But all in all, our Father in heaven proved Himself faithful in our marriage. We look forward to more beautiful years together.
- Firstly, I’m lucky to be born to Christian parents. Secondly, I’m fortunate to be married to a Christian husband, and thirdly, I’m lucky that God kept you close to me all these years.
- Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. You are precisely what a Christian spouse is meant to be
READ ALSO: Romantic love and trust messages
- Thank you for praying with and for me through the years we have been married. I know you are not selfish because I know that God and I come first for you. Thank you for prioritizing your love for God so you can love me well. Happy anniversary
- I am more than lucky to have a God-loving companion like you. A Christian husband is the best thing any woman can ask for. Happy wedding anniversary, dear husband!
- For me, you are the light that keeps guiding me towards salvation. I love you. Happy wedding anniversary!
- What God has joined together, no man should put apart. It is a huge privilege to be married to a man like you, who is determined to make our marriage work by putting me first and above his needs and those of others. Getting wedded to you is the best thing that has ever happened to me—a happy wedding anniversary to us.
Wedding anniversary prayer messages and wishes
Sweet words show how much our loved ones mean to us. Here are some lovely messages that will melt the heart of your loved one during this precious time, and some you can say to your couple friends.
- Our sweet Lord made you two as an example for the rest of us. I wish you live forever until we forget to count your anniversaries. Happy wedding anniversary, dear!
- God brought you together and is very much interested in helping you achieve a successful marriage. I am glad it’s working out between both of you. Happy wedding anniversary
- Even after all these years, whenever I see you two, I can see the eternal rays of love God is sending from heaven. May this last forever! Happy anniversary
- You are a blessed couple for your marriage is blissful, peaceful, and fruitful. You couldn’t have asked God for more blessings. Happy wedding anniversary
- You have passed the test of time, survived together all these years. Don’t stop here. Keep showing the world what wedding means for a devoted Christian. God bless you!
- Only love in its truest form, and the blessings of Lord Jesus can make a marriage so happy. I am honoured to be around to see both you together all these years. Happy wedding anniversary!
- Frankly speaking, your home is blessed. It’s one year already, but it feels like you have been married for only two months. And that’s because you still gush over each other like you were newly love-struck. May the Lord’s mercies continue to abound for you. Happy wedding anniversary.
Wedding anniversary prayers and wishes will always be the best way to start your anniversary. Make sure you start things off right with the romantic anniversary messages above.