As part of the strategies put in place by the government of Ghana to implement policies on education, the Ghana Education Service (GES) is set up under the Ministry of Education. In ensuring the proper implementation of these policies, from time to time, staff is recruited to the agency. So, if you have looked forward to working with them, it is imperative to understand how to navigate through the GES recruitment portal as some of the processes you need to follow are accessed through it.
The GES online recruitment process has helped smoothen the process of employing qualified personnel, both teaching, and non-teaching, in the country's educational system. This is part of the effort to ensure that students are under the tutelage and supervision of able personnel. As much as vacancies are open to all Ghanaians, it is also worth noting that only qualified applicants are considered for employment. By implication, before going on to apply for a position, a person needs to find out if they meet the requirements of the agency or not.
GES recruitment process
Based on current news about GES recruitment process, various positions are open to prospective applicants across the country. This is part of the agency's effort to ensure that there is an increase in the number of trained and qualified personnel available in learning institutions. So, for anyone who wants to apply, there are a few things that they should know, some of which are explained below:
Categories of applicants
Both teaching and non-teaching staff are permitted to apply to the agency depending on open vacancies. However, the position a person is qualified for, will be determined by their educational qualifications.
To be employed in the teaching sector of the Ghana education service, the applicant will need a certificate that shows they are capable of impacting the students with the necessary knowledge and information in the classroom and even outside it.
The GES non-teaching staff recruitment accepts applications from skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled labour. Some of the positions available for non-teaching staff:
- Budget officer
- Planning officer Inspectorate Training officers
- Public relations officer
- Supply officer
- Early childhood coordinator
- Basic school coordinator
- Guidance and counselling coordinator
- School health education coordinator
- Special education coordinator
- Second cycle coordinator
- Girl child coordinator
- Human resource manager
- Girl child coordinator
- Science, technology, mathematics innovation coordinator
Other positions available which interested people can apply for include the following:
- Pantry hands
- Artisans (electricians, carpenters, mason, plumbers)
GES recruitment exams
Prospective teachers who apply to the agency are expected to write and pass an aptitude test. This is just part of the processes that the agency follows to ensure that qualified hands are allowed to handle students in classrooms. The examination questions cover English language, quantitative and logical reasoning, and a test of their supervisory judgement skills.
How to use GES recruitment portal
The online GES promotions recruitment portal has been customised in a way that makes navigating through it more manageable. There are basically three things that you can do through the portal: pay for evoucher code, apply for Director II Promotions, and check the status of your promotion exams.
How to pay for evoucher code
Once you are on the agency's official portal, here are what to do to make payment for your evoucher code:
- Click on the "eVoucher Card" button.
- You would be asked to choose from two options, which are to either purchase eVoucher for promotions exam status or promotions application.
- Once you have clicked on the one that relates to you and the page opens up, select your mobile wallet for paying.
- Type in your mobile number and a functional email address as that is where you will receive your invoice.
- After filling the form, click on the "Submit" button and await an approval message.
- With the mobile number that you entered while filling the form, dial *170# on your phone.
- Then, from the options that pop up, choose my approvals before entering your personal identification number (PIN).
- After that you should have your voucher code sent to the mobile number which you will need for further processes.
How to access the Director II application form
- Once you are on the portal, choose the "Promotions" option, and click to apply.
- Next, enter your already purchased voucher code.
- Then, click on the "Access Application" button where you will be able to fill the form.
Note that if you already have a staff ID, all you need to do is enter the number before clicking on the "Access Application" button to fill the form.
How to check your GES promotions exam status
Before you can check the status of your written examination, it is expected that you have your staff ID. So, with that on the ground, here are steps to follow:
- Visit the official page
- Click on the "Check your promotion exams status" option
- After the page opens up, input your staff ID as well as your eVoucher card number
- Then, click on the "Submit" button and wait for the next information.
Qualifications for GES application
Interested applicants are required to have qualifications as a graduate professional teacher with laudable experience in the administration of a school. The applicants must also have a commendable working history at past jobs. Those who have a second degree might have a better advantage and special considerations.
The application form with the requested documents must be addressed to the director at the municipal education office in Hohoe. When submitting the forms, it should be with the following:
- Four of the latest passport photograph of the applicants
- Anyone voluntarily working with GES has to submit a letter of recommendation
- Applicants must ensure that they complete the filling of four copies of the application forms before submitting
- A photocopy of any national identification card is also essential.
Kindly note that anyone applying for the GES SHS recruitment opportunities is expected to have met the following:
- Completed and excelled in the final-year college of education examination
- At the time of applying, the applicants should have proof that they have finished the compulsory national service and excelled in the teacher licensure examination.
The GES recruitment portal is available for use by interested candidates. It is easily accessible and user-friendly. As an applicant, you do not need to pay any money to any individual to use the site. The steps explained above on how to use the portal should suffice.