GNPC refers to Ghana National Petroleum Corporation. It is the National Oil Company (NOC) whose responsibility is to support the government’s objective that is to provide a reliable supply of petroleum products and reduce the dependence on crude oil imports. It does this by developing the country’s petroleum resources. It started its operations in 1985 and targets to supply efficient fuel to meet Ghana’s demand for energy. It is the national gas sector as well.
GNPC Ghana mission is to lead the sustainable exploration development, production and disposal of the petroleum resources in partnership with the people of Ghana. It has a vision of being a leading global oil and gas company whose operations have a profound impact on the people of Ghana.
GNPC socially provides a full-year financial aid for PhD levels to improve oil and gas sciences, policy, engineering, computing, management and operations across universities in Ghana. Cited below are qualifications for an individual to earn a scholarship:
- Be Ghana’s citizen and a permanent resident.
- To be able to study technology, engineering, science or mathematics.
- Availability of an applicant to study by the start of the academic year of application.
- Pursuing no other course during the time of application.
- Willingness to study full time.
- Be in pursuit of undergraduate and graduate programs or be a degree holder.
Application is done online via the GNPC official website and can be sent via email. You need to attach the relevant documents including the admission letter to the university, your birth certificate, previous academic results and a curriculum vitae must be attached/uploaded.
Alternatively, an applicant can hand in his/her application in hard copy to the GNPC secretariat in Takoradi. The beneficiary’s tuition, living expenses, book and project allowance is covered. It is wise to note that the award is limited and that there is no payment to be made for one to qualify for the same. Students with disabilities and impairments are also encouraged to apply.
It is the investment arm of the national Ghana petroleum corporation. Its mission is to impact the quality of life of Ghanaians through community engagement and interventions. Recently (November 2019) it attained an award in Best Company in Community Support Project and also the Best Company in Promoting Arts and Culture.
In an aim for students to realize the skills and knowledge acquired in school, there is a need for them to grab the available internship opportunities offered. There are lots of up for grabs chances that one ought to look for. All applications are to be channeled through careers@gnpcghana.
Ghana National Oil Corporation looks for personnel with talents and skills to join their team in the career. The people suitable have to be:
- Sharing in the company's vision to aspire to industry leadership.
- Believe in the company's values.
- Driven by performance and merit.
- An excellent track record for their level of recruitment.
Applicants must note the following:
- Available jobs are advertised on the official website page.
- Communication on recruitment from GNPC is sent using the official email address.
- You are cautioned not to pay or send money for any application during the recruitment process.
READ ALSO: NPA reveals how $200 million oil cash vanishes from Ghana every year
GNPC scholarship beneficiaries
Those who make it to the shortlisted candidates are to undertake postgraduates and undergraduate programs at a local public tertiary institution. Women too have a 50% of the grant set aside for them. This aims to bridge the gender gap in engineering and sciences. Beneficiaries are mainly Ghanaian locals. You are likely to be an eligible candidate to be awarded a scholarship if you have an interest in studying the following:
- Science, Engineering, Technology and mathematics are also known as STEM.
- Special Needs Education.
- BED programs (Bachelor of Education)
GNPC scholarship KNUST
Kwame Nkurumah University of Science and Technology students often have a GNPC scholarship as well. The public university is known for an undergraduate and postgraduate degree in engineering. One may qualify for a full award for a scholarship at the university. Criteria for award of scholarship at KNUST entails being the following:
- Ghanaian citizen.
- The pursuit of a degree, masters or bachelor in the engineering field at the university.
- Critically needy but bright.
- Willingness to give back to the community by applicants.
- Physically challenged and females.
- Students with the university’s accepted qualification or WASSCE.
- Have excellent academic performance.
One must enrol at the university for them to apply. Evidence of the parents or guardians income is to be provided by the applicant. Letters from three referrals of higher reputation are required. The letters must be sealed independently to this address: The Office of the Provost, College of Engineering, KNUST, Kumasi.
The GNPC has one official website. Take note that this is the only authorized site the corporation uses for all its updates and communication.
GNPC address and contact details
For any inquires consider using the following details to reach out to the institution.
- Petroleum house
- Postal Address
- GNPC, PMB, Petroleum house,
You can also call on:
- Phone: +233-303-206020 | 0303-204654 or send fax
- Fax: +233-303-206592 | 0303-202854 or even send an
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is also possible to contact the organization on their social media pages as indicated on their website.
GNPC is Ghana's channel that the government uses to ensure enough petroleum products get to the citizens. Students should take advantage of the scholarships offered, especially if they are interested in this line of trade.
- Ghanaians to pay more for fuel after minister announces increase in tax
- 'Insensitive' Akufo-Addo has increased fuel prices again - NDC
- GNPC ‘hot’ over planned sponsorship, donations worth over GH¢2m