Matthew Kai Stonie, commonly known by his social media name, Matt Stonie, is an American YouTube content creator and competitive eater. He is among the few individuals who have made a career out of social media and devouring large amounts of food within a short time frame. Matt was the 2015 winner of Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest.
Becoming a competitive eater is not an activity or career that many people think of becoming as they grow up. However, Matt Stonie has mastered competitive eating, thus ending up winning awards and becoming famous. Although he originally aspired to be a dietitian, fate had other plans for him.
Matt Stonie profile summary
- Full name: Matthew Kai Stonie
- Date of birth: 24th May 1992
- Place of birth: San Jose, California, United States
- Age: 28 years (as of 2021)
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: Mixed-race
- Relationship status: Single
- Profession: YouTuber, American competitive eater
- Net worth: $700,000
Matt Stonie biography
The YouTuber was born on 24th May 1992 in San Jose, California, United States. How old is Matt? He is 28 years old as of 2021. His nationality is American, and he has a mixed-race ethnic background.
His racial background is made up of Japanese, Czechoslovakian, and Lithuanian ancestry. The star is the son of Cathy Stonie (mother) and Dorian Stonie (father). Who is Matt Stonie's sister? Matt does not have any sister.
Matt has one younger brother called Morgan Stonie. Morgan is often involved with the production of Matt's YouTube videos. The YouTuber has not indicated where he attended his elementary education before joining Evergreen Valley High School in San Jose, California.
Where did Matt Stonie attend college? He got admission to Mission College in Santa Clara, California, for a Food and Nutrition degree. He aimed at becoming a dietitian.
Matt is a YouTube content creator and competitive eater. He began his competitive eating career in 2011 when he participated in the Stockton Deep Fries Asparagus Championship in Stockton, California. At the time of the competition, Stonie was only 18 years old, making him the youngest individual among the other competitors.
His first eating competition win occurred during the Lobster Roll Eating Contest at Hampton Beach in New Hampshire. He has participated in other uncountable eating competitions where he has won in most of them. He has held the following world records:
- 26th May 2013 - Birthday Cake: 5.5 pounds in 9 minutes.
- 29th September 2013 - Frozen Yogurt: 10.5 pounds of Yogurtland Frozen Yogurt at Phantom Gourmet Food Festival in 6 Minutes.
- 26th October 2013 - Kookamonga Burger: 7.5-pound burger from the Kooky Canuck in Memphis, Tennessee in 4 minutes, 43 seconds.
- 29th March 2014 - Indian taco: 32.5 Indian tacos in 8 minutes in Atmore, Alabama
- 12th July 2014 -.Slugburgers: 43 Slugburgers in 10 minutes at the World Slugburger Eating Championship.
- 5th October 2014 - Pumpkin Pie: 20.8 pounds in 8 minutes (Elk Grove Pumpkin Festival).
- Fastest McDonald's Happy Meal eaten in 15.22 seconds.
- 22nd February 2015 - Bacon: 182 slices of bacon in 5 minutes in Daytona, Florida.
- 8th May 2015 - Iguana's Burritozilla: 5 pounds in 1 minute, 50 seconds.
- Pork sandwiches (8 ounces): 15 sandwiches in 10 minutes at The Backyard at Meadowlands Racing & Entertainment in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
- 15th August 2015 - Traditional Carne Asada Tacos: 103 tacos in 8 minutes San Jose, California.
- 17th October 2015 - Martorano's Signature Pasta & Sauce: 10 pounds in 8 minutes at Martorano's and Paris Hotel & Casino.
- 24th November 2015 - Smithfield Pork Ribs: 71 ribs in 5 minutes.
- 28th May 2016 - Silver Dollar Pancakes: 113 (1 oz) pancakes in 8 minutes in Chico, California at The World Silver Dollar Pancake Eating Championship.
- 15th October 2016 - Moon Pies: 85 Moon Pies in 8 minutes in Memphis at The World Moon Pie Eating Championship.
- 12th August 2017 - Chicken Spiedies: 20.5 Chicken Spiedies in 10 at The Tioga Downs World Chicken Spiedie Eating Championship.
Is Matt Stonie healthy? Yes, he is. When Matt is not making competitive eating clips or at an eating competition, he takes good care of himself by watching what he consumes.
It really just comes down to diet and watching what you're eating after a contest. But I'm definitely in the gym five times a week doing cardio or weights. I've made this my full-time job, and I spend a lot of time taking care of myself. It's hard; it's not like we have superhuman metabolisms.
From his competitive eating, YouTube content creation was born. Matt started a YouTube channel where he records his eating challenges. The channel was created on 24th August 2012, and so far, it has the following:
- 13.6 million subscribers
- Over 2,630 million views
Matt Stonie's girlfriend
Matt is currently single. There is no publicly known information about any of his previous relationships or dating history. It is believed that his career is his main focus at the moment.
Matt Stonie net worth
Matt Stonie's salary ranges between $94.3 K and $1.5 million depending on the number of views on each video he uploads on YouTube. He also makes different sums of money from the various eating competitions he participates in.
Is Matt Stonie a millionaire? No, he is not. His net worth is $700 000 as of 2021. This amount is from participating in eating contests and YouTube.
From competitive eating, Matt Stonie had made a career and great wealth. His excellent performance has seen him take home numerous awards. He is an inspiration to many young people that it's possible to make a career and money from whatever they are passionate about.
Yen.com.gh featured the life of D-Black. D-Black is a Ghanaian multiple award-winning Hip-Hop and Afrobeat musician. Interestingly, he wears many hats; he is also a philanthropist, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist. The renowned Ghanaian entertainer owns the Black Avenue Muzik record label.
In 2012, the musician released an album titled The Revelation which aided him in cementing his name as a business mogul and rapper. He has worked with giant artists such as Sarkodie among others. The artist is a serial entrepreneur. He runs successful businesses such as Club Onyx, a clothing line, Black Avenue Films, among others. He is also the brand ambassador for Ciroc in Ghana.