All health facilities to go paperless before end of 2021 – Health Minister

All health facilities to go paperless before end of 2021 – Health Minister

- The Health Minister has revealed that all health facilities across the country would soon be migrated on to a paperless system

- Kwaku Agyeman-Manu said it will make healthcare accessibility easy

- He said the health records of patients will be under a unified digital database

- This, according to him, will be accessed by patients at any hospital they visit

Our manifesto: This is what YEN.com.gh believes in

The Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu, has revealed that all health facilities across the country would soon be migrated on to a paperless system.

This according to him, is part of the government's plan to make healthcare delivery easily accessible.

Speaking at the launch of the digital platform of the Health Facilities Regulatory Agency, he said the medical records and history of patients will be gathered under a single digital database which can be accessed by any hospital patients visit.

Read also

NDC supporters demonstrate against Mahama; say he is destroying the party

All health facilities to go paperless before end of 2021 – Health Minister
All health facilities to go paperless before end of 2021 – Health Minister Photo credit: Ministry of Health
Source: Facebook
“Before the end of the year, you will see efforts to get the health sector digitized. Patients will have only one folder no matter where they are,” he said.

The New Patriotic Party government has continually expressed its resolve to automate all transactions to reduce human interaction.

The Ministry of Health had already launched a national E-Health project and bio-Surveillance system to link public hospitals and clinics to a common database.

The e-health system is expected to end the movement of folders across departments in various health institutions.

Away from health, The National Democratic Congress (NDC) has expelled its former Central regional chairman, Bernard Allotey Jacobs.

Allotey Jacobs has been sacked upon recommendations by the party's Disciplinary Committee following a case of misconduct and anti-party behaviour brought against him.

In a statement on Tuesday, March 23, 2021, General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia explained that the party's Disciplinary Committee found Allotey Jacobs guilty of the above-mentioned offences and recommended his immediate expulsion.

Read also

EIU never predicted 2024 victory for NDC - Kojo Oppong Nkrumah

Allotey Jacobs had been on suspension from the party for many months now.

His expulsion brings an end to his long service to the party which dates back to the days of J.J. Rawlings as military leader even before he formed the NDC in 1992.

Enjoy reading our stories? Join YEN.com.gh's Telegram channel! Never miss important updates

Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news

Source: Yen Newspaper

Online view pixel