- Conveners of the #fixTheCountry are going ahead with their May 9 protest
- Protestors have been instructed to use social media to vent their frustration
- Others are also to hoist placards in their respective communities
Trending topics on the go: How we write news at YEN.com.gh
In spite of a High Court order which placed an injunction on the #FixTheCountry protests of May 9, conveyers of the protest are going ahead to protest - but with a new plan.
A letter to prospective protesters ahead of May 9 protest have been instructed to go virtual with their protest. Each protestor is to wear black T-shirts and vent their frustration in a short video.
Conveners have also advised protested across the country to hoist placards at vantage points in their respective communities and hoist placards to register their displeasure.
Meanwhile, Convener of the #FixtheCountry movement, Oliver Barker-Vormawor, has alleged that government is unlawfully monitoring the phone records of one of the prospective protesters; a suspicion the group believe began when they were tricked into a meeting with sector ministers to discuss the planned protest.
The only phone members of the movement had on them at the time of the meeting, according to Mr. Vormawor, was cloned and calls to that particular phone number are now being diverted to a monitoring phone.
He says the group will in the coming days put out the monitoring phone number online to name and shame and also demonstrate how unsafe, intolerable, and disrespectful members of the group have been treated even before they get to exercise their civic right of demonstrating.
He was speaking on News File where among other objections, spoke passionately against submission by a panelist Kofi Bentil, who said government has so far treated #Fixthecountry organizers with respect, more than how #OccupytheflagstaffHouse movement were treated when they signaled their intent to embark on similar demonstration during the erstwhile Mahama administration.
Meanwhile, Attorney General and Minister of Justice Godfred Yeboah Dame has downplayed the claims and challenged the group to produce evidence to support the allegation. ‘’ there is no evidence at all to that effect and we should not really be encouraging such speculative and dangerous assumptions and assertions by certain people’’. he said.
Never miss important updates!
Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with major Ghana news!