Kumasi International Airport to be completed in June 2022; 77% Complete - Contractor tells Akufo-Addo

Kumasi International Airport to be completed in June 2022; 77% Complete - Contractor tells Akufo-Addo

  • Akufo-Addo has inspected ongoing works on the construction of Kumasi International Airport
  • Contractors say the project which is 77% done will be completed by June 2022
  • Akufo-Addo is impressed with the project so far and urged those spearheading

Kumasi - President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has inspected the ongoing work on the construction of the €124.9 million Kumasi International Airport.

A report filed by Presidency.gov.gh noted that according to the contractor, the work is currently 77% complete, and the remaining 23% will be done before it is completed in June 2022.

Akufo-Addo and his team visited the site on Friday, October 1, 2021, during the first day of his 4-day working visit to the Ashanti Region.

Kumasi International Airport under construction
Soon to be Kumasi International Airport Photo credit: Nana Akufo-Addo
Source: Facebook

During the inspection, the contractor said the terminal building was 88% complete, the road network 93% complete, Apron 89% complete, with the air traffic control and rescue and firefighting services 53% complete.

Read also

I don't want to hand over to NDC in 2025; it has to be NPP - Akufo-Addo

Download YEN's news app on Google Play now and stay up-to-date with all major Ghana news

Akufo-Addo however, expressed satisfaction with the progress of work done so far and charged those spearheading the project to ensure the project is completed within the estimated time.

Kumasi International Airport

In June 2018, Akufo-Addo cut the sod for the commencement of work on Phase Two of the Kumasi Airport Project.

At the sod-curing ceremony, he indicated that the expansion of the airport was a critical part of the government’s vision to expand the frontiers of the aviation industry in the country.

The scope of work includes the extension of existing runway pavement from 1,981 metres to 2,320 meters, the construction of a new taxi link and apron, two new apron parking stands, and aeronautical ground lighting systems.

Alan Kyeremanteng and Afriyie Akoto are eyeing my seat

Still, in Kumasi, Akufo-Addo has revealed that his ministers for Trade and Industry as well as Agriculture, Alan Kyeremanteng, and Afriyie Akoto both have their eyes on his seat.

Read also

Akufo-Addo is one of the wisest men in the world – Serbian President says

Hr seemed to have announced contenders for the next leader of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) as his tenure comes to an end.

Both ministers have reportedly harbored ambitions to become the flagbearer of the ruling party according to a report filed by 3news.com.

Source: YEN.com.gh

Online view pixel